What's new

Directors DVD Cover Art: A Tournament (1 Viewer)

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
Actually, I hate tins, so the Band of Brother packaging is a minus for me.

Still, I don't really like the art for Twin Peaks, so Band of Brothers gets my vote

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Poster art comparisons would be much more equitable.
Perhaps.

But, again, this isn't a "poster art" contest. As such, like Nick, I figure that we should consider a combination of both the packaging and artwork itself.

That's what I am doing anyway!

:)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
When I think of dvd cover art, I think of dvds that have great artwork despite not using theatrical poster art. Like most of the Criterion discs or something like MGM's The Fog.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Obviously I glossed over that point in Scott's post. My mistake. Since I've stated my reasons why I believe this approach is not equitable, I believe I'll excuse myself from this tournament. Perhaps I'm projecting my own preference for the multi-disc sets and their more elaborate packaging from an aesthetic standpoint. (??)

( I'm certainly not upset, and I hope this post isn't construed to impugn Scott or anyone else in any manner. Yeah, I know it is just another tournament and I'm not trying to make a big deal about this. Really. :) )

Cheers,
Walter.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
No problem, Walter. You're of course still welcome to participate!

Band of Brothers moves on.

Next Matchup:

vs.

(Another kinda unfair matchup!)

I vote Toy Story

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Scott, that isn't the cover art for the Kino DVD. The Kino DVD art can be found on IMDB, but I don't know how to copy an image over.

It may sound like sour grapes, but I think the Toy Story set has very weak "artwork". It's just pictures of Woody, Buzz, and the Alien, big deal. But then, I'm much more of a fan of classic poster artwork and what Criterion does, rather than just photos like the bulk of the modern stuff that ended up in this tournament.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian

Which is the one I vote for also. I agree that the Toy Story art is pretty cheesy. Yes the overall package is kind of nice.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sorry! If anyone would like to change their vote based on Brook's actual choice (posted directly above this post), please feel free to do so.

Just make sure you mention that it's a "revote" so I don't mistakenly count your earlier vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks