1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD Burn interrupted - is the blank a coaster

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by jw4444, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jw4444

jw4444 New Member

So I'm making Video DVDs on my 'puter (using CyberLink Power2Go software) using (cheap) DVD-R blanks. Most burns go ok but a few have been "interrupted" (even tho i burn at conservative 4x speed and (suposedly) have buffer under-run protection). In some case at about 10%, sometimes 50% through. As I said the blanks are cheap and I know DVD-Rs cannot be erased/reformatted per-se, but there's clearly alot of unrecorded space on them so I'm wondering if there any thing I can do (any software that will) delete or 'cover up' the stuff that was recorded and recover the disc as a usable blank albeit with less than the normal capacity. OR, perhaps 'clean up' the stuff that was recorded as a usable (viewable) track and (perhaps) I can use the rest of the disc to add stuff in another session. Or are these blanks only good for drink coasters, target practice, etc. Many thanks.

2. mattCR

mattCR Well-Known Member
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    Yep, they are coasters if they don't burn all the way through to a TOC