What's new

Duran Duran DVD, coming soon? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I was told by a Best Buy blue shirt that on 11/4 D2's DVD is hitting the streets. Can anyone confirm this? Details of the DVD?

Peace Out~:D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, nevermind. Google found my answer. Seems the blue shirt was right, 11/4. Info here at Capitol Records

Looks to be a nicely loaded 2-disk set.

Duran Duran - Greatest - DVD 1:
1. Planet Earth *
2. Girls On Film (Long uncensored version) *
3. The Chauffeur
4. Hungry Like The Wolf
5. Save A Prayer
6. Rio
7. Is There Something I Should Know?
8. Union Of The Snake *
9. New Moon On Monday (E.P Version) *
10. The Reflex
11. Wild Boys (7" Edit Version) *
12. A View To A Kill

Duran Duran - Greatest - DVD 2:
1. Notorious
2. Skin Trade
3. I Don't Want Your Love
4. All She Wants Is
5. Serious *
6. Burning The Ground
7. Ordinary World
8. Come Undone (Uncensored version) *
9. Electric Barbarella

This DVD also contains alternate versions of the videos marked * along with interview footage, EPK's,
La Galerie De Duran and a DVD-ROM section.

Also contains a bonus DVD-ROM Section with:
* Weblink to the official Duran Duran website - Duran Duran.com
* Is There Something I Should Know? - approx 30 minute audio only question and answer session recorded with Nick and Simon 1999
* Photo Gallery - featuring over 80 images from throughout the band's career
* Lyrics to all songs featured on the DVD
* A screen saver and wallpapers

Plus heaps of Extras...
* Planet Earth (Club Version)
* A Day In The Life featurette
* Girls On Film (long uncensored version - alternate ending)
* Girls On Film (short censored version)
* Nick and Simon discuss the recording and production of the album Seven & The Ragged Tiger
* Union of the Snake (Dancing On The Valentine version)
* New Moon On Monday (Movie Version)
* New Moon On Monday (Edit Master # 1)
* New Moon On Monday (Edit Master # 2)
* New Moon On Monday (Video version for Top Of the Pops)
* Interview by Paul Gambaccini with Roger, Andy and Simon about Wild Boys
* Wild Boys (Long Arena Version)
* Interview by Paul Gambaccini with John, Andy about A View To A Kill
* Liberty album EPK featuring interviews with John, Nick, Simon, Warren & Sterling, + rehearsal footage
* Violence of Summer video
* Serious - 3 Alternate edits on a split screen/multi angle feature
* The Wedding Album - UK Television Commercial
* Come Undone (Censored version)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Too bad it's not complete. :frowning:

I hate it when companies don't do music DVDs right. There's no reason for them to not include all of the band's Capitol videos, but sure enough there are quite a few that are missing. (For the record, missing videos from the first two albums include "Lonely in Your Nightmare", "Careless Memories", "My Own Way", "Night Boat".) Would it have killed them to add these 15 minutes?

It's not as if there will be another opportunity to include these more obscure videos elsewhere, so it really sucks that they will essentially be lost forever now.

I used to own an RCA CED player and one of my favorite discs was the Duran Duran video album. I don't see why they didn't include all those videos in addition to just the "hits".

This reminds me of when Warner ported the Prince "Hits" VHS to DVD without adding any of the missing videos that there was surely space for on the DVD. It is really frustrating for me when video compilations are not complete.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
The only video that really interests me is "A View To A Kill".
Now if this video has the original 007 title video playing along with the song, then I'd buy the whole thing just for that. But if it is the Music Video featuring the Eiffel Tower, then I'm not interested.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's a great line up of videos, but it is sad that the songs you listed Jodee will not be included. Those are some great songs.

Duran has so many underground (so to speak) songs that are just as good if not better than some of their most popular work.

I am looking very forward to this dvd, but do wish more was included. Who know's, maybe they'll be and easter-egg or two.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Jeff, the original music video for A View to a kill is the Effiel tower one. Thats what will be on the DVD. Are you talking about the title sequence played during the actual movie? If so, well buy the movie (It also includes the music video as an extra. :D )

paul_austin

Second Unit
well Im still looking forward to it...but I dont understand why they dont put all the videos on the dvd. That always pisses me off.....its not like they have to keep it the same as a video tape version (like laser discs always seemed to do)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, the original music video for A View to a kill is the effiel tower one. Thats what will be on the DVD. Are you talking about the title sequence played during the actual movie? If so, well buy the movie (It also includes the music video as an extra
I've owned the "A View To A Kill" DVD for a long time. I don't like the original music video for A View to a kill with the Effiel Tower. The music is different on it. What I want & would absolutely love is the title sequences played during the all actual 007 movies put on a Music Video DVD minus the credits.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Anybody know if this will be remastered in 5.1 audio?
I'm afraid it will not be...PCM only I believe (though I am not sure whether they bothered to use the recent CD remasters or not). They are considering surround mixes for the albums (and presumably DVDs) down the road, most likely after enough buzz is generated by the reunion and new album in 2004.

The 'Greatest' DVD is not designed to be the "ultimate" Duran Duran DVD set...just something to placate us for the time being. I'm actually very surprised as much effort has gone into it as is...we get alternate edits and the like.

--Craig

P.S. Anybody who doesn't think this band is back should've been in Golden Gate park yesterday.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lets hope stores stock up better on this than the Pat Benatar dvd, that was ridiculous , having to go to tons of stores, then i found the lone copy at suncoast.Then again Duran Duran has a bigger fanbase, so it would be stupid if they dont have more copies everywhere.I hope the sound on the dvd is at least as good as the duran duran greatest remastered cd , or this is such a wasted oppurtunity.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Hmmmmmm. Kinda disappointing news. "Night Boat" and "Lonely In Your Nightmare" are essential DD videos, even though they weren't singles. "Meet El Presidente" and "Do You Believe In Shame?" WERE singles, and they're not included either! I guess something's better than nothing, though, and there are lots of extras... Damn it all, I'm sure I'll get it. But I'm a bit cranky over it. :D

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I read that a couple of early Human League videos where omitted from the forthcoming DVD collection due to "rights issue's". I guess some of the rare Duran Duran videos have the same problem? If they had access to the videos I'd imagine they would put them on the DVD?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm happy to hear it will be a 2-channel mix only. With music like this, I don't want 5.1.

Craig, that vary well could be the reason why some of the videos will not be included.

Although it's not the 'perfect' DVD video collection, it's good enough to warrent a purchase, it's been a long time coming.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Here is a response direct from EMI (via DuranDuran.com) regarding the content on the Duran Duran Greatest DVD:

At no stage was this DVD ever meant to be complete or publicised as such. Under a contractual agreement with the band we (EMI/Capitol) were entitled to release a DVD version of the Greatest VHS and that is what we have done with a fair few extras that didn't contravene that agreement. When the fans get their DVD's and see those extras I think they'll be pleased with their purchase. Fear not fans, there will be more Duran DVD releases in the near future and beyond. We intended to post how to find those hidden extras on the band's site the week of release.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Anybody who doesn't think this band is back should've been in Golden Gate park yesterday.

My brother was there and he said they were awesome. I missed it though. I will catch them when they swing back this way.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Fear not fans, there will be more Duran DVD releases in the near future and beyond. We intended to post how to find those hidden extras on the band's site the week of release.
Excellent news.

I missed them in concert a couple months back when they played the Pacific Amphitheater here in Costa Mesa, CA. Only 5 miles from my house, so close, but so far away. Hopefully, they add more dates next time around.

Good to hear more is to come later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks