What's new

Dumb Question, TV to Receiver (1 Viewer)

HarryPluta

Auditioning
OK, I just unpacked my new Yamaha RX-V1400, I figured out how to hook up the VCR, and I think I understand how to hook up the DVD. What I don't get is how do I get audio from my TV into the receiver (I don't have cable or a dish, just straight broadcast TV)? I have audio outs on the TV, but where do I input them on the Yamaha?

Thanks in advance,
-harry

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Harry:
I just looked at the operation manual on the Yamaha web site, and the diagram on page 18 shows a cable TV or satellite tuner connected to the cbl/sat inputs.
I am sure that would work, but I am not familiar with Yamaha gear, so someone else may want to chime in.
My Denon AVR 1604 has several analog audio inputs ( labelled tv/dds, vcr, aux, etc) to provide conection convenience.

You might have to assign the input in the receiver setup menu, and also turn the tv speakers off and/or the output on.

Hope this helps

Roy

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have a better idea, Harry. If your VCR is a stereo model, you can just use it as a TV tuner. That’s what I do.

Of course, if you want to tape a show and watch another, then Roy’s advice is good. Look for an appropriately labeled input – Video, TV/DBS. Stc. If not, any vacant input will work (except Phono). Just be sure you turn off the TV’s speakers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks