What's new

Dumb Question I know, but and ISF Calibrationists in Newfoundland? (1 Viewer)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I dunno if any ISF calibrationists ever read this page, but in my experience, Newfoundland is a wonderful place to visit.

What part, by the by? Most of my visits were to the western side (Port-aux-Basques, Corner Brook, and Gros Morne Nat. Park.)

Leo

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi John.

My brother and sister in law live on the Rock. Id be more than happy to make the trip up. Perhaps you know of another person or 2??

Email me if interested.

BTW, Ill be in PEI next week.

Gregg

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well I live on the east coast, in St John's. Unfortunately I cant think of anyone off hand who would be interested in such a service... actually I dont even know anyone who is into home theater, most people i know just buy stuff without any idea what it can really do. Hell one of my friends had an XBR for 2 years or so but he dosent even ahvea dvd player.... weird huh?

Darryl_St

Grip
Hi,

I'm in Corner Brook with a 56H80 that could use a good calibration. I've set it up with Avia and convergence so far. I've been reading here and there for about a year now and have read some good responses to your calibrations Gregg. I've been waiting for Toshiba to fix my reset trouble for some months now, they say the part is on back order, but after that is looked after I would sign on for a visit.

Thanks

Darryl

Real Name
Patrick E Hannon
John:

I live outside St. John's (aprox. 45 minutes) and I would be interested in having my Sony 32XBR250 ISF'ed, especially to get the grey scale checked out at 6500K.

P.E.Hannon

John-Miles

Screenwriter
hmmm well Patrick we have two so far, if we can get a couple more then we might well be able to make a reasonable go of it. Unfortunately Darryl I dont think can really be counted that much to increase our number as he lives about a day's drive from St John's.

Myself I have ahd a few unexpected costs come up in the last few weeks, so i wont be able ot afford a calibration till november or so at the earliest, but in January I would ahve the expendable income for sure. Hopefully by then we can drum up some more interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks