What's new

Dukes of Hazzard on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
For those who are interested, Amazon now has all 7 seasons at very reasonable prices (I even cancelled my original order for season 7 at 25 bucks and reordered at 18 bucks).

Also, could someone who has the second season check something for me? I have one of the first pressings of season 2, and on the episode "The Ghost of General Lee" I noticed a couple of things that struck me kinda odd. First, it starts with the Warner logo, followed by the teaser. At the end of the teaser, when Jesse says "This wake is for you..." the picture is a freeze frame while the sound plays normally. Is there any truth to the rumor that Warner quietly fixed this? Thanks!

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
moviebuff75 said:
So glad I bought a copy of the animated series, signed by James Best!
I'm happy I was able to get a signed copy as well. If I remember correctly, the first 400 copies were signed. Poor James; he probably needed to take a break or three signing all those covers!

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Just a note - I received my season 7 today. It has the regular fold-out trays with 6 single sided discs. (Not sure if it was ever different, but this is what arrived for me today.)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It looks like the firestorm of controversy about the Rebel Flag has simmered down.

I'm certain retailers enjoyed a pickup of sales from people fearing that this series was going to go OOP. (I was one of them).

Oh Well, on to the next controversy.

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Regulus said:
It looks like the firestorm of controversy about the Rebel Flag has simmered down.

I'm certain retailers enjoyed a pickup of sales from people fearing that this series was going to go OOP. (I was one of them).

Oh Well, on to the next controversy.

On what do you base your assumptions on? I'm a great believer in links to sources of news to back up what somebody says or is this just a hunch of yours?

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Just now, I was on Warner Archive on Facebook, and I asked them about the Enos spin-off. I also reminded them not to let the Confederate flag controversy of its parent series get the better of them. They said that the only hurdles are clearance issues and mastering.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
stringbean said:
On what do you base your assumptions on? I'm a great believer in links to sources of news to back up what somebody says or is this just a hunch of yours?
How would you provide a link to something like that? It's not like Warners is going to send out a press release saying that a product that's been available for years is still available. It's just common sense that if they were going to pull it out of print in an obvious attempt to look like they cared about something, they'd have done it by now.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Bryan^H said:
attachicon.gif
dukes.JPG

attachicon.gif
dukes 3.JPG

attachicon.gif
dukes 2.JPG

So this is the WB official complete series in Confederate flag box? My guess is that people that ordered heavily from the WB shop got this and are now selling it at a $30-$100 mark up on E-Bay, and they are absolutely flying at those prices*$190-$275).

The seller I am watching has sold over 190 copies thus far.

Also comes with the two wretched Dukes movies DOHINO(Dukes Of Hazard in name only).

So here is my hypothesis:

WB had these nice complete series sets ready to pop for a Christmas release this year in a nice attractive case, the controversy happened, and now they are liquidating them quickly to exhaust all the remaining stock.

Just a guess, and I may be completely wrong. I just find it a peculiar that a multitude of the complete series box sets which I have never seen before suddenly pop up like wildfire on E-Bay.

Not definitive, but a Dukes of Hazzard complete series box set showed up on costco.ca with the same box design ^.

http://www.costco.ca/Dukes-of-Hazzard-Complete-Collection-%E2%80%93-DVD.product.100219160.html

I haven't seen it yet at any local offline Costco outlets.

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
It's fascinating to me that all of the General Lee model kits have been restocked in stores and appear to be selling briskly. Even new packaging celebrating the show in some instances. Even Walmart is stocking the DVD box sets. So now that the outrage appears to be evaporating, where is the TV show on cable? Why the hypocrisy of taking money for the product but pretending like the show is the exception? Someone might notice? It's ridiculous.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's fascinating to me that all of the General Lee model kits have been restocked in stores and appear to be selling briskly. Even new packaging celebrating the show in some instances. Even Walmart is stocking the DVD box sets. So now that the outrage appears to be evaporating, where is the TV show on cable? Why the hypocrisy of taking money for the product but pretending like the show is the exception? Someone might notice? It's ridiculous.

To be fair, cable is a virtual wasteland for classic TV at this point. If anyone were going to pick it up, it would probably be a digital subchannel that deals in classic TV, and right now, most of those are company specific, and I don't think Warner has a hand in any subchannels the way other companies do.

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
To be fair, cable is a virtual wasteland for classic TV at this point. If anyone were going to pick it up, it would probably be a digital subchannel that deals in classic TV, and right now, most of those are company specific, and I don't think Warner has a hand in any subchannels the way other companies do.

I guess the problem I see is that TVLAND pulled the Dukes as a knee-jerk reaction to this perceived "controversy" just as other companies yanked product off shelves until the madness died down. TVLAND also received a petition with 181,500 signatures asking for the show to come back. I don't think you're going to get that kind of response from any of the current shows they have in rotation. It appears other companies have come back to the table in good faith, so why doesn't TVLAND? Or for that matter CMT?

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Warners was supposed to stop licensing the Confederate flag General Lee at the end of last year. Does anyone know if that actually happened?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I guess the problem I see is that TVLAND pulled the Dukes as a knee-jerk reaction to this perceived "controversy" just as other companies yanked product off shelves until the madness died down. TVLAND also received a petition with 181,500 signatures asking for the show to come back. I don't think you're going to get that kind of response from any of the current shows they have in rotation. It appears other companies have come back to the table in good faith, so why doesn't TVLAND? Or for that matter CMT?

In my opinion (felt I should state that clearly beforehand), TV Land just used that as a reason to get rid of another old show so they could air another hour of "originals" or something.

CMT has also shifted gears, and is now basically the Reba and Last Man Standing channel, when they're not airing Stone Cold Steve Austin meets the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Classic44, do the restocked General Lee model kits still have the Confederate flags on top of them?

Can you please double check?

The censored packaging was like that before this controversy so that's nothing new. The flag is either photo-shopped out or the car is depicted where you can't see the image on top. What's interesting is the DVD box sets continue to sell exactly as they always were with the flag often the centerpiece of many covers. I find the whole matter ridiculous. They sell model kits of German tanks with the Nazi symbol on the vehicles and on the figures. If some people want to associate the two in that fashion why is one censored while the other is not? I'm sorry but in a free society you're suppose to be allowed to pick and choose as you want. This idea that a special interest group can dictate "appropriateness" based on their skewed perspective goes against every principle of freedom.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
The censored packaging was like that before this controversy so that's nothing new. The flag is either photo-shopped out or the car is depicted where you can't see the image on top. What's interesting is the DVD box sets continue to sell exactly as they always were with the flag often the centerpiece of many covers. I find the whole matter ridiculous. They sell model kits of German tanks with the Nazi symbol on the vehicles and on the figures. If some people want to associate the two in that fashion why is one censored while the other is not? I'm sorry but in a free society you're suppose to be allowed to pick and choose as you want. This idea that a special interest group can dictate "appropriateness" based on their skewed perspective goes against every principle of freedom.

Also, notice Matlock is still airing, and that has the Confederate flag prominently displayed with the American flag during the courtroom scenes. Even the first Smokey and the Bandit, which had the Georgia state Confederate licence plate on the front of the car, still airs. Why is The Dukes of Hazzard the only exception for this?

There is no way to look at that and say it isn't hypocrisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks