What's new

Dukes of Hazzard may not be released (1 Viewer)

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know more?
------------

http://www.thesuperficial.com/ (site is slightly NSFW)

It might not the greatest idea in the world to get legal council from someone whose email starts with “SmoothB” (although Anton Scalia’s email is BadMuthaFukka19, so maybe I should) but worldly reader and local heartbreaker Tom sent in two stories yesterday in regards to an injunction that went down yesterday afternoon and will prevent Warner Brothers from releasing the feature version of The Dukes of Hazard, previously due out August 5th. The full public record can be found on the website for the Federal District Court for the Central District of California. The heart of the record says the following:

“Order by Judge Gary A. Feess: granting motion for preliminary injunction. WHEREFORE, IS IT HEREBY ORDERED that … Warner Brothers … (is) preliminarily enjoined during the pendencey of this action from preparing producing, editing, distributing, advertising, exploiting, copying, publishing, or licensing, for theatrical sequels based on or derived from the feature motion picture “Moonrunners”

Moonrunners is the 1975 movie that is credited as the premise for the Dukes of Hazard, and they were so similiar they both even featured Waylon Jennings as the narrator. I never saw that movie because I hadn’t been born yet and also because, based on a recent poll of my grandparents, I’m adorable and a precious angel and shouldn’t watch movies like that, although you’d never know it by reading my t-shirt with a kitten in sunglasses on it and the phrase “Here Comes Trouble!”.

Below is a screen cap of part of the Judges directive, which is worth reading just to see the phrase “Jessica Simpson is extremely hot right now” written down in a legal document to be recorded in the halls of justice forever. And thanks again to Tom who pretty much did all the work on this. Although it wouldn’t have killed him to write some funny jokes, unlike the crap I threw out here. Jeez, I don’t wanna throw around the word “lazy”, but…

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I hope part of the settlement was a clause requiring Warner Home Video to releaee Moonrunners on DVD in time to get a little tie-in action from the big screen movie. I'd be interested in seeing the first incarnation of Sheriff Roscoe and Uncle Jesse and the other elements common to the film Gy Waldron wrote and directed and the TV series he created.

Regards,

Joe

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Interesting- I'd like to check out that old movie, I won't see the new one unless I can see it for free though!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Actually, I think they were referring to her career at the moment. ("Heat" in that sense being fleeting, and therefore a factor to consider in judging how far Warner Bros. might be harmed by granting the injunction.)

As for "hot" in the more conventional sense, I've always liked this quotation:

"Jessica Simpson is so hot her sister has a career."

:D

Regards,

Joe

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I have never seen a woman in my life who has more of a man-jaw than Jessica Simpson.

It's the jaw of a strong, studly man! Just look at it!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've always said the only way anyone could improve Jessica Simpson's looks would be to put a bag over her head.

Decent bod, but she has one fugly face.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You've never seen Ah-Nuld's wife, or any of the other Kennedy Girls? They all look like they inherited Uncle Teddy's jaw.

Regards,

Joe

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

Not to mention Jennifer Garner.

I always thought Jessica was cute. I'll take her then. :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Oh, I've seen them, but Jessica's is a bit more chiseled.

To me, no woman with a man-jaw can look feminine. They all look like gender benders.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You need to pay more attention to the adam's apple. There's a reason it's called that. :) I'm with Jason, if Jessica doesn't meet your lofty standards, I'll take her. (Like I'd have a shot. ;))

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Morgan Webb of G4TV has a pretty prominent jaw, but it doesn't detract in my opinion. I don't think you'd ever mistake her for a boy in drag. :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Someone needs to teach her to put eyeliner. She looks like a crack whore.
I'm still trying to figure out what guys see in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks