What's new

Due South Season 2 Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Great!

Maybe by then DVDsoon will get me my Season ONE replacement. All my discs were scratched when I got them before Christmas so I sent them back.
Now I wish I'd just resurfaced them with the DVD Doctor. Too bad the set isn't more widely available.

Julia*D

Agent
Even though I wasn't too impressed with the season 1 release, I'll be picking up this set. "North" is my all-time favorite episode and I can't wait to have it on DVD.

Also, William and Elyse's Due South News is reporting that Alliance may release a DVD collectors set that is like the VHS set currently available.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens... :)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I hate DVD soon. It should be called DVD Eventually.
Still don't have my Season 1 set even though Amazon.ca has had it in-stock for some time--and cheaper!!
I'd try to get them to cancel, but they only give store credit which means I'd be committed to buying something else from them.
I only recommend them for pre-orders if you order well in advance, and if you can still get a good price while springing for the air mail option.
Of course if there's something wrong with it and you return it, it's anybody's guess when they'll have the stock to replace it. :frowning:

More pertinent to the topic, Amazon.ca now has the ominous January 2010 listed for the expected date for Due South Season 2 which sounds like its release has been rescheduled without a new release date.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Get a refund on your credit card from DVDSoon.

https://www.dvdsoon.com/members/ credit-refund.xml is the link (I've added two spaces to ensure y'all don't end up in my account).

I've got mine on order at Amazon.ca, which uses surface mail to Oz and is glacial.

As for release date, nothing new has popped up at http://www.canadiandvdgroup.com or the Due South news page above, so I'll keep 29 April pencilled in my diary for now.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Also, William and Elyse's Due South News is reporting that Alliance may release a DVD collectors set that is like the VHS set currently available.
I still haven't gotten around to buying season 1. It looks like I might just hold off for a while more.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I got my shipment of the 1st season of Due South. from Playcentric.com in a relatively short time. I havn't watched the entire set yet so might wait on Season 2. I hate the way these discs were packaged.

I understand why someone would get scratched discs. I put the 3rd disc in a seperate case. I was afraid of scratching a disc just taking it out of the case.

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
More pertinent to the topic, Amazon.ca now has the ominous January 2010 listed for the expected date for Due South Season 2 which sounds like its release has been rescheduled without a new release date.
It's now back with a release date of April 29/03 on Amazon Canada.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Excellent; I already pre-ordered mine.

And as for DS S1, I finally got mine right after I emailed them to cancel it. Unfortunately, 2 discs were loose this time, but were less scratched than round 1 because they seemed to stick together. I'm still going to resurface them just to be on the safe side. Don't want to risk the faint possibility of the metal becoming oxidized down the road.

James Reader

Screenwriter
More loose Due South discs Grant?!?

You must be very unlucky - mine came all the way from Canada to the UK and still seemed to be stuck on the spindles with superglue!

I'm hoping season 2 has a better case! :)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Probably going back to R & D to come up with better packagaing :)

Or, maybe they'll remaster the episodes so they don't have that weird "filtered look" to them. The first episode seemed to be by far the worst though.

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
At least two sites (DVDSoon & Videoflicks.ca) have Aug. 5 as the release date for season 2.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Here's hoping it does indeed have a release date now. Mine's been on order from North American DVD. Though the website shows it with the old 4/29 release date yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks