1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Due South is coming!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Brent, Aug 15, 2002.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

2. Marty M

Marty M Well-Known Member

I also got the notification from Entertainme.com about the delay of this release. I was really bummed out about that. I was really looking forward to this.

By the way, Playcentric.com ended up having the cheapest price for this, FWIW, now. If anyone finds out the new release date, please post it her.

3. Corey_Smith

Corey_Smith Well-Known Member

Hey all, just an FYI.

I learned through Videoflicks.com that the new date is now set for Nov. 26. Hope this time it holds true!

Edit - I forgot to ask, can anyone give me web addresses for Canadian retailers so I can "shop around?" I know of the following:

amazon.ca
    entertianme.com (which lately their server has been down)
    videoflicks.com

Thanks!

4. Corey_Smith

Corey_Smith Well-Known Member

Still haven't been able to get a confirmation on whether the release date will be November 26 or not. One more week to go before we know for sure I guess. Also, was wondering if anyone knew of any other sites to check out for a price compare....never heard a reply so I figured I'd try again. :)

Thank you kindly.

Edit - Forgot to add a question. As I'm sure everyone has noticed, the information we have has said the set will include 22 episodes...what about the pilot? That would make 23 episodes -

Episodes:
    1. Pilot
    2. Free Willie
    3. Diefenbakers Day Off
    4. Manhunt
    5. They Eat Horses, Dont They?
    6. Pizzas and Promises
    7. Chinatown
    8. Chicago Holiday (1)
    9. Chicago Holiday (2)
    10. A Cop, a Mountie and a Baby
    11. The Gift of the Wheelman
    12. You Must Remember This
    13. A Hawk and a Handsaw
    14. An Eye for an Eye
    15. The Man Who Knew Too Little
    16. The Wild Bunch
    17. The Blue Line
    18. The Deal
    19. An Invitation to Romance
    20. Heaven And Earth
    21. Victoria's Secret (1)
    22. Victoria's Secret (2)
    23. Letting Go

Edit - Corrected the list. Heaven and Earth was before Victoria's Secret

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I seem to remember only one first-season episode after "Victoria's Secret". Also, it had a two-hour pilot, which would make for a 24-hour first season.

Of course, the pilot may not be included in the season pack - in the USA, at least, it aired as a TV-movie a few months before episode 1, and CBS didn't rerun it when they started the series in the fall.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Well-Known Member

If this is for real I will definately buy it and the rest of the series!

7. Marty M

Corey,

I pre-ordered this from Playcentric.com. It is also available at EntertainMe.com. Playcentric is selling it for $50 before you apply their coupons. Neither of these sites are showing 11/26/02 as a release date, though.

Larry,

This DVD set is only available through Canadian dealers. The two I have listed have it available as a pre-order, but no one knows for sure when it will be released.

8. Rick Bertuzzi

Rick Bertuzzi Member

9. Grant H

Grant H Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's a mistake or not, as the item page for it still shows a crazy release date of January 2036 or something, but in my order status at www.dvdsoon.com, it shows Due South Season 1 as being "on hand" now.
    So, maybe November 26 is the new release date.
    We can all hope!!

10. Marty M

I checked a couple of other sites and they do not give a release date. At Playcentric.com they say "temporarily unavailable" and at EntertainMe.com they say, "no release date has been determined". So, it looks like there might be a long delay on this. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this series on DVD.

11. David Brent

David Brent Well-Known Member

Lillian on the Due South newsgroup reports that Videoflicks has sent out a shipping notification for this set, so it appears that it's on its way.

Can I urge anyone who gets hold of this to reveal whether the set includes the entire first season, including the pilot, and what the quality is like?

Fingers crossed that the three disks are dual/sided, dual/layered, otherwise it's going to be a bit of a squeeze.

Cheers,

David

12. James Reader

James Reader Well-Known Member

Yes, a certain big name e-tailer who has recently opened up new site has shipped mine today.

BTW: I'm hearing rumours that its a 4 disc release, so presumably that means no DVD-18s (I can't imagine the series coming on the equivilent of 8 discs). I suppose each disc could be a DVD-14?

13. MikeSilver

MikeSilver Well-Known Member

I'm betting that it's the first half of the first season (like the CSI half season set that was released).

14. Marty M

Thanks for the heads up. I just got looked on Playcentric.com website that my copy was mailed out yesterday. I will report how much of the season is included.

15. Marty M

I got my copy of Due South today. It is definitely the entire 22 episode first season. Discs 1 and 2 contain 4 episodes per side. Disc 3 contains 4 episodes on side 1 and 2 episodes on the 2nd side. The pilot 2 hour movie is not included. I don't know what it looks or sounds like because I went on-line right after retrieving my mail.

16. Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz Well-Known Member

Does anybody have more info on this ?
    If the pilot is not included I will not buy the boxset.
    And how could anybody release a "Season One Boxset" without including the pilot episode ?

17. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

John Steffens
    HEY!
    If Canada is putting Due South on DVD, they should release My Secret Idenity[​IMG]

18. James Reader

James Reader Well-Known Member

I daresay if sales are successful enough the pilot will be released as a seperate disc. Such a release would allow more income for

a) increasing the profits for Allience Atlantis

or

b) clearing any outstanding music rights (Due South was packed with excellent music throughout its run, and I'm sure music rights are the reason for the missing pilot. Perhaps the agreement with the musical artists was different for the pilot)

take your pick.

19. Rob T

Rob T Well-Known Member

20. Marty M

There must have been a separate licensing issue with the pilot episode. There would have been room for the pilot. The other complaint I have is with the packaging. They have packaged 3 discs in a 2 disc pack. One disc is off-set sitting on top of another disc without any protective layer in between. I decided to put the third disc in a separate case. What I have seen so far, I like.