What's new

DuckTales Is Apparently In The Works (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
This news was so awesome I just had to start a new thread on it. In the Disney TV DVD Rumor Thread Pavan said that DuckTales is in the works.

This is awesome news, i've been waiting for this since I first heard Gargoyles was coming.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Are they going to release the complete first season? The first season it the only season worth getting in my opinion.

Joe:C

Second Unit
If they did I'm sure they would split the first season into 2 sets (65 episodes).

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
If this turns out to be true, cheers to Disney and I'll definitely preorder it as soon as it goes up on Amazon.

Paul

Pavan_P

Second Unit
If I had to guess, it'll be split into 4 groups of 25 episodes. I'm just finally glad, it is in the works. I hope we see it by 2006, or maybe, December for Christmas (wishful thinking)?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I just hope these are not the bastardized, violence-edited versions Toon Disney showed.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman mentioned last year, around the time the first season of his series was released on DVD in December, that Disney wanted to test the waters first with their most requested animated TV series. So Gargoyles was the try-out last year. And apparently it sold well (hey I bought two copies, figure I did my part), since Season 2 Part 1 (of 2) is coming out some time this winter, probably in December again.

So it's no surprise to me now that Disney is going forward with more of their cartoons. I wish they'd started further back though. I want Gummi Bears a whole hell of a lot more than Ducktales...but I'll probably buy both.

And now that I'm older, I think I'd appreciate Tale Spin a lot more too. Back then, it was my least favorite of Gummi Bears/Ducktales/Darkwing Duck/Aladdin (and I never caught more than an episode of the apparently horrible Little Mermaid series. Never saw any of the later efforts like Hercules or Tarzan's TV series).

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
This is a common rumor regarding this show. The news that has been spreading for some time is the impending release of the DuckTales Movie. If you heard a rumor regarding the TV Series then please post the website where you heard it from ...

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

I guess I've missed those. What in the world would they have to cut out of DuckTales? :confused:

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
Look toward the bottom about a cut involving the first appearance of Fenton: http://www.thexbridge.com/disney99.html

"For example, a pivitol scene on DuckTales was cut out recently on Disney Channel and Toon Disney. Fenton Crackshell was applying to get a job with Scrooge. But after getting tired of his antics, Scrooge got tired of Fenton and pulled out a cartoony gun, and shot buckshots at Fenton. When Fenton saw the buckshots coming towards him, he counted them in mid-air. Amazed at his abilities, Scrooge challenged him by throwing loose change in the air. Fenton counted them in mid-air and got the job. Disney cut out this scene completely. And you thought DiC was scissors-happy with Sailor Moon."

MartyG

Grip
So, when are they actually gonna release "TailSpin", starring Baloo from "THE JUNGLE BOOK", as the pilot of a yellow sea plane? Man, that was THE best cartoon show ever, that Disney did.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
It's Official!! DuckTales is coming on November 8 along with Chip N Dale. This is totally awesome.

From Ultimate Disney

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a big fan of Duck Tales, mostly because of my love of Carl Barks' (the creator of Uncle Scrooge and many other inhabitants of Duckburg) work. Uncle Carl wrote and drew the marjority of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories, Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck from the 40's through the late 60's.

True, most of the Duck Tales cartoons are pale imitations of the originals, but the series contains a lot of Bark's touches...and the better toons have a Barksian feel, which is only appropriate since some of them were taken directly from the comic episodes as they appeared in Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck!

I only wish they'd kept Donald in the series, instead of Launch Pad, and done more with the Jr. Woodchucks. Still, I was amazed when Duck Tales first appeared and taped almost every episode. It will be great to have them on DVD.

In the late 90's, Gladstone (see Gladstone Gander) lost the Duck franchise and for over 3 years there were no Donald Duck or Uncle Scrooge comics. It was a tough time for Duck fans...

Fortunately, Gemstone picked up the series a few years ago and have done a wonderful job of bringing back the original and new Duck tales, mostly from Europe and Duck fan favorites, Americans Don Rosa and William Van Horn.

I highly recommend the 'new' Uncle Scrooge and Walt Disney's Comics & Stories graphic novels (for lack of anything else to call them) which keep the Duck Tales alive!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
They're comic books. Sure, they're 64-page $6.95 comics, but they're good stuff.

And Gemstone has recently released a collected edition of Rosa's The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, which is really quite fantastic. Truth be told, I like Rosa's Scrooge tales far more than Barks - which seems kind of odd since Rosa is all about trying to be like Barks.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for this but if it isn't a season set and just a "Best Episodes" collection I'll be passing on this set. I love this animated series and I hope Disney puts together a season set and not a "Best Of" set. Let's all pray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks