What's new

Dual Layer Media Deals (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, that really sucks-they have ONE pack left, (and not their usual cheery -"but more are on the way!) and of course the free shipping and rebate are only good if you buy 2.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Best Buy has Fuji 25 pack spindles for $40. A little research seem to indicate the Fuji jewel boxes are Ricoh, but the spindles are Ritek, with the standard problems. Has anyone here bought any Fuji spindles and checked the media code?

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Anybody know if Taiyo Yuden plan on making dual layers anytime soon? I've used their single-layer DVD+R discs exclusively and have yet to burn a coaster after many, many discs. I can even burn their 8x at 16x with no problems.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
The Yuden discs are supposed to be 6 out of 5 stars, ;) I keep reading-I wish they would make DL;
I had a BB 10% coupon and bought 20 VERBATUM for $45-$2.25 each-althought Tax brought it back to almost $50... Thought better safe than sorry;
Saw FUJI 15 pack for $30 at FRYs. But I guess FUJI DLs are iffy too, eh?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Best Buy has Fuji 15 pack spindles for $25. Unfortunately, feedback on Fuji DL media is spotty.

Office Depot has their house brand 25 pack Spindles for $40. I have found no feedback on any OD brand DL media, but their SL media is mostly Ritek.

Neither worth the risk in my book.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Finally, Verbatim breaks the $2 level, even if not by much.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That deal was posted almost 2 weeks ago. Newegg deals typically only last 3 or 4 days. It sure was a great deal though.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what's going on, but I ordered two 20 packs of Verbatim DLs from buy.com on September 7th, and they still haven't shipped -- the status is "on order". :angry:

Meanwhile Best Buy is now charging $50 per 20 pack, up from $40.

Ted

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried the Sony DVD+R DL rerecordable media? I picked up a 2-pack at Fry's for $10.00 - so no bargain there - but I thought they might be useful as scratch discs. I also wonder why they're not labeled DVD+RW DL? The packaging is marked RW and rerecordable in various places.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, I have gotten a total of 70 of the PlayO DVD+R DL discs from a couple different sources at some very good prices. As low as $0.96 each delivered, and while they haven't been 100% perfect, thhey have not produced any coasters yet using a Pioneer 109 w/1.5.8 firmware using Toast 6.1.1.

They have all been Ricoh media, which I find rated the second best DL media available. Just thought I'd toss it out there. They aren't as good as Verbatim, but can be significantly cheaper and worth a try.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Nice! Someone at work mentioned the Office Max deal, so I ordered 4 packs to get free delivery. Good through the 11th, I think.

Seymour Uranowitz

Stunt Coordinator
Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer 20pk spindles are $24.99 at OfficeMax through Jan. 26, 2008 (B&M only).

Be sure to look for "Made in Singapore" spindles, which are the best out there. Avoid "Made in India," which are inferior quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks