What's new

DTS Online is Having a HUGE sale!! (1 Viewer)

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
Let's all practice our alphabet like Johnny!
If we wait around long enough, will your posts spell something out eventually?
:)
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed
[Edited last by Robert Spalding on November 13, 2001 at 10:15 AM]

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Do Americans even know where Canada is?
South of the border, right?
wink.gif

Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
There will, one day, in business schools across the country be a class focused entirely on how a company with a superior product can completely blow it on each and every front.
Lesson 1: Betamax
Lesson 2: Apple
Lesson 3: DTS

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Okay, I'll bite...
Betamax. Still going strong. Though finally being effected by DVcam, Beta has been the standard for professional video acquisition for fifteen years. There's sure a lot of it in your DVD collection (extras), and you see the news via Betacam.
Apple. Still going strong. One of the most successful technology companies in history. Currently in extraordinary financial condition, highest customer satisfaction in the industry, acclaimed hardware line, and rolling out the most advanced consumer OS ever.
DTS. Don't know anything about their financial condition, but they have been successful competing with Dolby in the theater sound market, and everyone here seems to prefer both DTS hardware and software sound solutions. I don't think this terrible little website is indicative of much.
Sure, Betamax floundered in the home market. Apple had some dark days. But I don't get the comparison to this etailer site :)
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, it's gratifying that there are people who know more than me and are not afraid to show it!

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Quote: "Sure, Betamax floundered in the home market. Apple had some dark days. But I don't get the comparison to this etailer site."
What's not to get? You couldn't have summarized it better. LOL.
laugh.gif

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Well, they've already pulled the plug on orders. The music/dvd site is shut down until December 3!
Good luck you all of you that placed orders!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
What a joke. Someone needs to raise some hell about this IF they pull the plug on orders again.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks like all cd's and dvd's are currently unavailable.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
quote: Betamax. Still going strong. Though finally being effected by DVcam, Beta has been the standard for professional video acquisition for fifteen years. There's sure a lot of it in your DVD collection (extras), and you see the news via Betacam.[/quote]
Scott, this statement completely false and misleading. Just about the only thing Betamax and Betacam have in common is the first four letters in the name. They are completely different and unrelated formats.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker
[Edited last by Philip Hamm on November 14, 2001 at 10:11 AM]

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Americans even know where Canada is?
It's a suburb of Alaska isn't it? :)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Anyone notice this on their site now:
PARDON US WHILE WE RE-GROUP!
Due to overwhelming response to our Clearance Sale, the Music Disc/DVD Sections of our Online Store are ... well ... offline.
They will be re-opening for business on Monday, December 3, 2001. We cannot accept phone or FAX orders at this time.
I doubt that they will be fulfilling any of these orders for DVDs/CDs, but that is just the pessimist inside me!
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Philip Hamm, you are correct.
I don't know why I thought he had simply said Beta (though I even incorrectly wrote the word Betamax). My comment was intended to be more generalized example of Beta having survived, and flourished, today represented by Beta SP and DigiBeta etc, and re-worded is still an applicable response here. Nonetheless, Betacam was Sony's immediate progression/successor in the Beta lineage when it was introduced in April 1981 at NAB. But Betamax and Betacam are related, though Betacam is superior. Just as D3 and D5 are related, or DV and DVCam, or some might even say Eastman EXR and Vision stocks. While the Sony Betamax floundered in the consumer market, they succeeded in the professional market moving from U-matic to Betamax.
Apple's modern hardware is quite improved compared to their hardware from ten years ago, but it's the same lineage and it's still based on RISCy architecture... Anyway, my post was a bit less than serious reponse to perhaps a less than serious post by another
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.
[Edited last by Scott H on November 18, 2001 at 01:27 AM]

Brian_J

Second Unit
It only took me about an hour to get my order to go through. I got my confirmation yesterday and this be what it say:

Quote:

Dear: Brian C. Jones,
Processed on Tue Nov 13 16:34:14 2001
Thank you for placing an order with DTS Online.
We will make every effort to fulfill your order.
However, this is a Clearance Sale, quantities are limited
to stock-on-hand and fulfillment is first come, first serve.
Certain items may be out of stock before we can ship them to you.
Out of stock items will NOT be back ordered.
Confirmation of your order does not guarantee
that all items ordered will be shipped.
By your placing your order with us you have authorize us
to ship any partial order without your subsequent authorization.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO RETURNS OTHER THAN FOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT
If you have any questions or comments concerning the status of your order,
please contact customer service at:
mailto:[email protected]
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks