1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Ball movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jeff Jacobson, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Well-Known Member

Don't know about this one. I love Dragon Ball Z but based on what was read above, not sure I like how the movie is slated to start. That story line is...well... lame. Like to see how they do the flying bit.

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Well-Known Member

3. Holadem

Holadem Well-Known Member

Funny, as soon as I saw the thread title, I thought that the folks behind The Onewould be perfect for this project (I've never seen it, just the trailers). Turns out the Powers that Be felt the same way [​IMG].

I am not actively into Hong Kong or Asian cinema in general, but I often hang out at this Japanese bar/restaurant that has recent Asian films playing constantly on their screens (muted). They are almost always hilariously over the top, but display a level of imagination in creature design and special effects that is seldom seen in Hollywood. And they are probably a lot cheaper.

--
    H

4. Cavan.B

Cavan.B Well-Known Member

Wow, it's finally happening. I like the fact that Chow is producing, but I don't know if this Chatwin guy would make a good Goku. We'll see, I'm mildly optimistic.

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Well-Known Member

Filming to start in November for a world wide release for August, 2008? Not sure that's enough time to do some really good work on this film visually.