1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragnet (2003) Season One - box set announced

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Patrick Mirza, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Universal Home Video will release the new Dragnet TV series in a Season One collection on November 11th.

The 3-disc set will include all twelve first-season episodes with fullscreen transfers and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks. Stay tuned for an announcement on bonus features (if any) and cover art soon. Retail will be a reasonable $39.98.

2. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Not bad, Universal. Now just give me my Quantum Leap.

Anyone watch this show?

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Gimme. I enjoyed this series very much, and this will be the perfect way to fill in the episode or two I missed.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I don't really enjoy cop shows that much, but I found it well made, not my cup of tea, but it's always nice to see Ed O'Neil in a non-Bundy mode. He's a fine actor.

5. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

It looked great on my HDTV in 16X9 widescreen; too bad they are doing fullscreen transfers.

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how Dick Wolf wants it, though - it looked pretty good 4x3, too, and I suspect that if Wolf wanted his shows widescreen, NBC and ABC would do it.

7. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

DVD File reports this morning that the discs will be in 1:78 to 1 anamorphic widescreen. Hopefully this is true!

8. andrew markworthy

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

The show was shown in the UK on a late night slot and I only caught it by accident. I've been hoping it would come out on DVD, but thought it a forlorn wish.

Being really greedy - please does anyone know if the theme music used specifically for this show is available?

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

10. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

I get the sense that this release is being used as a "marketing tool" much the same way that Fox successfully used the release of the first season of "24" to try and spark interest in the second season.

It can't be because of its large following. The show has been exiled to saturday nights, and has a new title -- "L.A. Dragnet". They have also retooled the show and sent Ethan Embry packing.

TV shows are a very popular commodity on DVD these days. I am sure that this release is an attempt to try and cash in on that craze.

I fear, though, that this may be the only season that ever sees the light of day on DVD.

11. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

12. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Uggghhh.

13. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

It's a bit vile isn't it. Is it just me or am I the only one not convinced that's his hand? Perhaps it's a severed torch holding hand or something because it certainly doesn't look like it's attached to that bloke...

14. johnbr

johnbr Stunt Coordinator

If it is in 1.37.1 and not in 1.78.1 it was made in then no sale.[​IMG]

15. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Just because it was made in 1.78 doesn't mean it's supposed to be that way. See every thread about Buffy season 4 or open matte movies.

16. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

Hmm this Show coming out ahead of Boomtown is there no justice in this world?

OK Universal How about stop sitting on The Night Stalker and Let us get this classic on DVD In my Lifetime.

17. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Universal has gone and removed it from the schedule. No new date or anything. It's like Duel all over again!

18. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Yep. It's not on the release date anymore. The news report is at tvshowsondvd under the news title of Dragnet (2003) DVD Cancelled. Somehow, this doesn't surprise me because of the reputation that Universal has nowadays. I hardly belive anything that Universal says.