1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Hsu Hopes to Have VTF3-HO by End of November.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Arthur S, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Arthur S

Arthur S Well-Known Member

According to someone who recently spoke to Dr. Hsu, the long awaited VTF-3 HO may be available by the end of November. I am sure he is making every effort not to miss the holiday shopping season.

I would not be surprised, however, if that target date comes and goes. Anyone who followed the story of the Rocket UFW-12 knows that it can take a very long time to get things right. In fact, the first batch of long delayed UFW-12s did not meet the final specs and had to be sold at reduced prices.

There is still no word on the price of the VTF-3 HO, or the Turbo.

2. Legairre

Legairre Well-Known Member

While I'm BIG fan of my two VTF3 MKII subs and don't mind the wait it's the lack of info that's annoying. I understand the need for secrecy for a competetive advantage, but at least throw us a bone on the price of the HO and turbo upgrade for current owners. Even an estimated price would be nice.

3. Peter Marcks

Peter Marcks Well-Known Member

Dear Arthur and Legairre,

Five years ago, we probably would have been more forthcoming about various product details before launch, but unfortunately not anymore [​IMG] Some people even feel that we "prematurely" announced the HO series, giving competitors time to re-evaluate their strategy. In reality, we showed the HO prototypes at 2005 CES in January for two primary reasons: 1) we felt it was beneficial for the consumers to at least have some insight on our future products, with CES being the only major show of the year that we were planning to attend, and 2) patent applications had already been filed. Perhaps we could have really surprised competitors by keeping this all a secret until the very last minute before product launch. However, in my opinion, such a strategy would have been detrimental to the very kind consumers that we owe everything to, simply because they would have had no information to work with in order to make even a somewhat informed decision moving forward.

I feel that we are in pretty good shape. At CES, we did not expect to have HO ready before summer at the earliest, and we are definitely aiming for a release by end of November. Keep in mind that the HO prototypes were built by hand using off-the-shelf parts in January of this year. This turnaround time is not bad. To keep things in perspective, products like VTF-1 were in prototype stage for years, and never made it into production; VTF-2/VTF-3/TN1220HO refreshes have been only mild over many years.

For now, maybe we can release some pictures of the turbocharger for you all to see. If Dr. Hsu gives his blessing, then we will do this very soon on our forum.

Sincerely,

4. Legairre

Legairre Well-Known Member

Peter like I said I'm a big fan of the Hsu subs I've purchased and I don't have a problem with the wating like other do. And I do fully understand the challenges faced by Hsu in regards to the competitive advantages.

I really don't mind the waiting bcause I'm VERY happy with the Hsu subs I have now.

All I ask for is an estimated price for the turbo or the HO. Just an estimate knowing that the actual price would probably be more. All I want is a ballpark figure so I could plan ahead.

If it was me I wouldn't show any pics until the products are ready to be released for the reasons you stated above.

Legairre

5. Peter Marcks

I understand your feelings, Legairre, but I think it will be safe for us to show pictures of things like turbocharger, since the technology is patent-pending.

Take care!

6. Keith J

Keith J Well-Known Member

Any pictures of the HO yet Peter I am just about to pull the trigger on two HSU VTF-3 MKII's can I upgrade to the HO by adding on to the one's I am buying now no big deal if I can't but just curoius and what is the appox. cost to do so.

7. MikeLi

MikeLi Well-Known Member

I don't own any HSU subs but like to follow whats going on there as they seem to have a very loyal following just like several other brands. Just saying good luck and I think every one is running late on products this year that were supposed to be done by the end of summer so don't feel bad. If its something you really want you will wait for it.

8. Peter Marcks

Good evening Keith,

Good man Curtis Chang took quite a few pictures of the HO prototypes during 2005 CES: http://changpics.smugmug.com/gallery/348235

The VTF-3 Mk2 is a great choice. Very well balanced sound, smaller footprint than than 3HO, less expensive, upgradeable performance, and actually available in tangible form now! The 3HO naturally will have more performance potential, but release date is uncertain, perhaps not until the end of the year. One way or another, we will do our best to take care of both current and future owners.

Dear Mike,

We really appreciate the kind words and support, thank you so much!

Sincerely,

9. Keith J

So by your statement as I understand it I can add the supercharger to the VTF-3 MKII ?

10. Peter Marcks

Absolutely, VTF-3 MK2 will accept turbocharger!

Take care

Sincerely,

11. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Well-Known Member

I spoke to Dr Hsu on the phone and he mentioned the VTF3HO will be $999 with turbocharger, and $899 without it (+ freight). Shipping starts in December.

PC

12. Peter Marcks

I hope you guys enjoy the product!

Sincerely,

13. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Well-Known Member

I see the details have now been reported on Hsu's own forum.

PC

14. Keith J

I just waiting on Fedex now I'm stopping every Fedex ruck I see. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Arthur S

Arthur S Well-Known Member

Don't forget, pre-order and you save $100, $799 for VTF-3HO, $899 for VTF-3HO plus Turbo.