What's new

Downton Abbey Series 3 (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Series 3 has aired in the UK and is available as a region B blu-ray on Amazon.co.uk.
It afforded me the chance to get the region mod kit for my Oppo so I could see the show a little early. I'm not sure how much the Oppo had to do with this or my Mitsubishi TV, but the disc said it was PAL, and the behind-the-scenes video showed it was shot at 25FPS. So the UK edition may only play outside the UK if your multi-region blu-ray player handles PAL conversion.
Series 3 will air in the United States starting January 6 on PBS.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/classic/downtonabbey3.html
It shows availability on Amazon.com January 29, even though that means it will still be airing on PBS.
As for the show,
It resolves the open story lines from Series 2, and has some nice turns. The last episode was particularly good.
[/spolier]

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A moderator should probably move this thread to the TV on Blu-ray section.

In any event, I reviewed Series Two of Downton Abbey, and the disc set arrived two weeks before the show finished airing on PBS, so I was lucky enough to be able to finish the season's episodes without having to wait. Looks like everyone will get that opportunity come January.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Or change the title to include blu-ray. Series 3 has been mentioned in the blu-ray RAH Season 2 thread, and I thought it deserved its own thread in the blu-ray section, as I am not interested in the PBS edited broadcasts.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/325374/downton-abbey-series-3#post_4004183
Or change the title to include blu-ray. Series 3 has been mentioned in the blu-ray RAH Season 2 thread, and I thought it deserved its own thread in the blu-ray section, as I am not interested in the PBS edited broadcasts.
No, there is a "TV on DVD and Blu-ray" forum, and that is where this should go. Robert Harris' pieces on film and TV go into his own section which resides here as one of its subforums.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
No, there is a "TV on DVD and Blu-ray" forum, and that is where this should go.
The only problem with that is that the TV section is like the Bermuda Triangle of HTF. If it goes there, it's never seen again. It's not anyone's fault but many of the people who frequent the TV section seem to have no interest in Blu-ray and many that come to the HD section don't seem to go into the TV section. If it isn't Star Trek, most Blu-ray threads are posted and then quickly buried by DVD threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks