What's new

Downton Abbey: Season 6 (Final season) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tony Bensley said:
Based on a brief exchange in last night's episode, I suspect that a serious illness might be in Robert Crawley's near future? Time will tell regarding that, soon enough.
Yeah, he also mentioned something about in the first episode too. I'm just hoping that the show doesn't go out on a downer with his death.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony Bensley, on 18 Jan 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:
Tony Bensley said:
Based on a brief exchange in last night's episode, I suspect that a serious illness might be in Robert Crawley's near future? Time will tell regarding that, soon enough.
TravisR said:
Yeah, he also mentioned something about in the first episode too. I'm just hoping that the show doesn't go out on a downer with his death.
Hi Travis!

My guess is something that extreme would have leaked from the UK Broadcasts, but who knows? The IMDB synopses do refer to the family facing a shocking turn of events at Brooklands Racetrack.

I also do believe that Lily James' Rose will be back in one of the episodes, most likely the Christmas Special.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm glad they didn't make the Carson/Hughes wedding later in the season and basically dealt with it already and succinctly, happy experience that it was. There are bigger fish to fry, die, or get married or not. But I suspect ultimately happy neatly wrapped endings, which is one of the things we tune in for with these characters.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Oh, all that sniping about the hospital is SO getting on my nerves. Liked everything else in the episode, and so glad to have Tom back. I'm also glad Daisy was mollified by Mr. Mason getting the farm house. Her complaining and getting something built up in her head that was her own concoction was getting tiresome, too.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I enjoyed last night's episode, and most of the storylines seem to be resolving in a way that I find agreeable (Apart from the annoying Hospital funding drama!).

Robert Crawley's "I can't drink Port anymore" line and periodic stomach clutching seems further indicative of something very serious healthwise happening with him before Series end! I hope that it doesn't end up being something like inoperable stomach cancer, but that's what sprang to my mind when viewing this!

Just four more Episodes, plus the Christmas Special left! Although I've only really started viewing this excellent show in the last 15 months or so, I'll miss having new Episodes to look forward to once this latest run is finished!

I look forward to Rose making one last appearance at Downton! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, I don't suppose many of us were surprised at Robert's bad turn of health.

Edith and her beau together was a lovely scene, and he seems the perfect man for her. I feel sure she's in for some happiness for a change.

Are they planning on putting Mrs. Patmore and Mr. Mason together? I got a little vibe tonight between them while watching.

I do NOT like the Dowager's maid Danker at all.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Matt Hough
Well, I don't suppose many of us were surprised at Robert's bad turn of health.

Edith and her beau together was a lovely scene, and he seems the perfect man for her. I feel sure she's in for some happiness for a change.

Are they planning on putting Mrs. Patmore and Mr. Mason together? I got a little vibe tonight between them while watching.

I do NOT like the Dowager's maid Danker at all.

Regarding Miss Denker the Lady Dowager's Maid, I do agree is pretty much impossible to like. In my opinion, she's replaced Thomas as the least likeable among Downton's staff.

I definitely was not surprised by Robert's ill turn, though his episode was more gruesome than I expected! Frankly, I think that nasty Hospital business might have felled Mahatma Gandhi! Of course, the Abbey's running now comes down to Lady Mary, with help from Tom Branson.

I now wonder whether it will be Lady Edith who ties the knot in the final Christmas Special?

Looking forward to the last few episodes! :)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I just finished watching the entire season on Blu-ray. Very emotional and also hysterically funny at times. I'm sad that it's over but I feel very fulfilled as I think it is absolutely one of the best shows of this century.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I would guess during the reading lessons Thomas or Andy is going to get seen exiting one or the other's room and the other servants are going to jump to conclusions about what is going on.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm moving my own pace through the rest of this on Blu-ray, and I just need to mention how much more spectacular it looks than on the broadcast version. Particularly this season with some of the most ambitious and beautiful framing and set pieces they've ever done (like the shots walking on the hills overlooking the estate). No spoilers. But sure will miss these characters.

Get the Blu-ray if you really want to do the viewing of the final season of this series justice. Spectacular.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There was a recent review that said "Who else expected an alien to come bursting from Lord Grantham's chest when he started spewing blood?" I thought that was brilliant.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
And it seemed that more startling since everything on the show is always a model of decorum. And of course with that incredible table setting, the white tablecloth, and the way everyone was formally attired, it just made it that much more shocking. Definitely a sit up and pay attention moment.

And I got another great Maggie Smith line to add to my compendium..."If I withdrew my friendship from everyone who has spoken ill of me, my address book would be empty."

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love Downton and have been watching since season 1. I just wish the blu-rays would contain the entire episode we get on PBS. I hate the edits. I also listen to the new interviews from the cast posted on PBS each Monday. They have all the interviews listed so you can listen to all of them in case you missed one. I hope there are no spoilers here on this thread. I always watch the blu-ray episode after I have watched it air on PBS. Here is where the edits bug me. One time there was a scene on the BD that was not in the broadcast. I never saw another though.

The edits were explained in another Downton thread some time back. Yes the blu-ray looks great this year!

I hear there is talk of a movie or even a prequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks