What's new

downloadable HD movies and HD tv on the 360... (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
WOW.

check out xbox.com or engadgetHD for the details (i don't know the policy on links here), but this is kinda HUGE. movies are only temporary unfortunately, tv shows are not. when are the bigger 360 HDDs coming out? :)

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
I really dont see this working with 13GB of space to work with, not to mention the fact that the content HAS to be on the 360 HDD and not external USB devices. Its a nice idea, but I think the PS3 has more to offer in this regard simply because of the open-endedness of the system.

Nice to see MS doing this though.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I heard a rumor that Microsoft will be releasing a 100GB hard drive soon. There was also a story on Attack of the Show that Microsoft would be making an announcement (in regards to the 360) right around the same time of the PS3 launch (unrelated to the movie/tv show downloads). Last night I was at Walmart who had the regular 20GB hard drive priced at $60.00 ($40.00 less than normal). They also have the Premium pack bundled with Burnout Revenge (the game was actually printed on the box itself - it wasn't a Walmart thing). All signs are certainly pointing to larger hard drives, but we'll have to wait and see. I would like to know how I could transfer my data to the larger drive should I choose to get the larger one without having to buy that new accessory available at Best Buy.

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
The major news about this is that even though movies will have an expiration date, TV shows won't. But here's the kicker, yes the 20 GB hard drive won't hold a lot of shows, but you can delete them and Microsoft will remember the shows you have purchased and will let you download them again at no charge. It's like they will hold your library of shows for you.

Now, this isn't so hot if you want to watch your shows RIGHT NOW! But at least the shows begin playing once you have enough of the file downloaded so that it won't be interrupted. And if you have a fast connection it shouldn't be too long, since only movies will be offered in HD. Movies however won't play until the whole file is downloaded.

Now just wait until the Zune can integrate with the 360 and we can take those shows on the road with us!!

Jonathan White

Stunt Coordinator
TV shows are also offered in HD not just movies. Also if your purchase a HD tv show you also get the SD one. So you could download and watch Star Trek TOS in HD, delete from your drive and then at a later date you can download quickly the SD version or wait longer for the HD version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks