What's new

Down to the last 2....Opinions wanted (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
I have now narrowed down RPTV choices to 2 products..

I would like opinions on which of these two rptvs I should buy.

The choices

1. Mitshubishi WS-65511 http://www.tweeter.com/product/index...entPage=family
2. Hitachi Hit-65SWX20B http://www.circuitcity.com/frame1.js...ftchildcat.jsp

There are a few diffrences , some which I don't understand

The main reason I ask is because some of the sales people don't understand what they are selling. Example I went to Sears the other day because they sell both rptvs. When I asked what some of the feaures were the sales person read word for word the same book I had in my hand.The reason I asked is beacause I didn't understand what the terms meant. If I wanted to hear someone read to me I would have stayed home and listen to my 5 year old son. LOL

I know the mits. has a built in tuner and I am not sure I will ever need it. We have comcast in my area and I have heard I would have to use their box.

Can you guys help me decide.
Please tell me what you would buy and why you would buy one over the other.

Thanks in advance
Ed O'Neill

BrandonR

Stunt Coordinator
if you dont think you would use the built in tuner then buy the Mits WS 65311. Same TV just no built in tuner. Price tag is about $2700.00 Hope this helps.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Thanks Brandon,

There are some other differences besides the built in tuner.

Anymore input

Thanks in advance
Ed O'Neill

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
A lot of the recent Hitachis are exhibitting a nasty posterized/pastel look in fleshtones, maybe do a search over at AVS. I had one a year or so back and the faces on most sources looked like they'd been painted with flat latex paint. I thought maybe this had been corrected since, but I've found lots of threads about it on more recent and current model Hitachis over at AVS.

I replaced it with a Sony and have been very happy. As far as I know the Mits sets also do not have this problem, I didn't get a Mits because at the time fixing the red push required a major hassle with reprogramming the eprom or something. Current Mits sets are much better in this regard.

Given a choice between the Mitsubishi and Hitachi, I'd definitely go with the Mits. Sonys built since mine (Aug 01 build date) may or may not have a flicker problem, so I'm a bit hesitant to recommend one at this time.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
What is the red push? Is it only a problem only with Mitsubishi's? Is it only on older models? Certain sizes?

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
Bill:

>>>What is the red push? Is it only a problem only with Mitsubishi's? Is it only on older models? Certain sizes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks