What's new

Double Indemnity 2 disc from Universal in August (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Shoddy artwork at that! Not even a mention for Billy Wilder!

Oh well, it's the film that counts and this is one of my top 5 of all time!

Bring it on!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
yecch.

It's Universal, so I knew the original poster art posted earlier was too good to be true.

Oh well, there's little room for complaint when it comes to Double Indemnity on DVD.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm ALL over it. I'd be all over it no matter what, but that looks nice.

Now if Universal can just manage to actually release it......

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
SIgh. Is this cancelled yet again? Amazon doesn't have it for preorder anymore, though my order is still valid...

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Have you received an E-mail from Amazon regarding this, or did you just notice the listing missing. I've heard of listing going temporarily missing on Amazon for whatever reason, so until I hear of something official I will hold my breathe.

That said, if Universal screws this release up again, they will go from the worst studio producing DVDs to something even below that which I cannot explain with the most extreme vulgarity. I have a hard time coming up with a single DVD from this company that I'm 100% happy with, while I have hundreds from WB, Fox, Criterion, Sony, & even Paramount. Truly a sad state of affairs at Universal no matter what happens with this release.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It looks like it's back up at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

I'm not sure what causes this, but I've seen this happen before at Amazon.

On a side note, does anybody know if Universal is planning to release any other titles in this series this year? Last year, there were three Legacy Series releases, and to date this is the only one announced for this year.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Oy, I noticed that a few days ago as well, and it scared the crap out of me. I've been checking every other online retailer daily to see if they pull it down (including DVD Pacific, where I've ordered it from). Good to see it's back up at Amazon.

But my God, I seriously will not believe this is actually coming out until it's actually in my player, and I've watched at least three times (which, incidentally, I plan on doing the first weekend after it's out). No unreleased DVD has given me more anxiety.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

I haven't heard of any other Legacy title announcements. I keep hoping they might release 'Lonely Are The Brave' in this series, but no sign of it so far. Maybe next year... (sigh).

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

I'm kind of annoyed how Universal's DVDs are often referred to as "shitty." They're not great in terms of supplements for the most part, but they're up there with Criterion, WB, and Fox when it comes to transfers and remasters.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

I agree Patrick. And as much as I love this film, I don't think it's one to truthfully gauge their work as a studio given the history of ownership with this Paramount film. Very much looking forward to this however.

Mark VH

Second Unit
OMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD

Just got the following e-mail from [online retailer]:

Quote:
We thought you'd like to know that we processed your Invoice ID I402722 today.
This invoice contains:
1 | Double Indemnity: Special Edition

This invoice has now entered shipping and will depart from our warehouse within
the next 24 hours. If your shipment is being sent by Courier (either
international or domestic), then you will receive a separate e-mail shortly
with tracking details.

Thanks for shopping at [online retailer], and we hope to see you again soon.

DOUBLE F&%KING INDEMNITY WILL BE IN MY HANDS IN NO MORE THAN TWO DAYS!!!

There goes my weekend

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
You're not the only one. I think Universal should get more kudos than they do for putting out as much product as they do and with such good transfers. Even given the technical issues that some have had with the discs themselves (I've never had a problem with any of the discs in any of my players - and I've bought them all) Universal has really stepped up to the plate for classic film fans, they latest Bing Crosby and Cary Grant sets are just another example. I like the universal sets because they usually (Fields and DeMille sets excepted) take up very little shelf space and cost a fraction of what other companies (cough...Fox...) have been charging for double or more product. Can they improve? Sure. But I get tired of reading complaints about the lack of classic film releases and then bash Universal who has done a whole lot better than Paramount, fer instance.
rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks