What's new

Double image problem on 3D LG tv's (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Hi Everyone, Its been a while since i last posted here but im hoping to change that, the HTF has always been one of my favourite places on the net and ive been struggling with a problem lately and well i cant believe it took me so long to think to come here with it. I'm keenly interested in getting a 3D TV for my home theater. (Truthfully i think its awesome for gaming more so than anything else, but i do like my 3D movies as well) Anyway I am pretty sold on the passive 3D tech mainly cause it would allow me to share 3D with friends and family and not ahve to worry about kids breaking expensive glasses etc, so that leaves me looking pretty much at the LG lineup. Costco near me has the 5300 series 3D tv for sale at a pretty darn good price, but every time i view it with the glasses on i still see a double image of some of the 3Dits like watching it without glasses, but to a lesser extent. im mainly trying to find out what could be causing this, is it just a bad display tv, is it the viewing distance? (pretty close in those narrow aisles) is it the 120Hz nature of the tv or is it just the crappy glasses might not be properly polarized? those are the ideas ive come up with, but id love to hear anyone elses experiences. i had been in another store and seen their 240Hx (i believe 6500 series LG) playing 3D and never noticed the problem, but it was hardly the same viewing conditions. Cheers John

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It could be either the content, or a problem with the TV. Maybe its not in 3D mode? I'm not sure how the glasses could be wrong but anything is possible in a retail display environment. The biggest problem I have with the passive displays is the interlacing. Vizio has some passive models too.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
From the reviews ive read the main concern on the passive models seems to be the half vertical resolution to each eye, but i have read one review where they tested it with text and showed that it was not a problem, ie they could read text that should have been unreadable with only half resolution. As for the double image it was definitely in 3D, it took me a while to come up with the correct way to describe the problem at first it almost seemed like a ghosting issue, but if no one else has encountered the problem i will try to run some more tests to narrow down the issue, it could well be that one display is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks