What's new

DOOM III: Gold news & Half Life 2 min req. (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter
I'm getting the PC version just so I don't have to wait til 2005 to play the damn thing.

I have a Athlon 2400+, 1.25GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro so it should chug along decently.

Plus my PC is hooked up to my 50" HDTV via component and its not too hard to output games to it. I play UT2004 on my TV all the time (at 1776x1000 yummy).

I may get the Xbox version down the road too, we'll see what happens and how easy it is to output to the TV.

Also I wonder if Doom3 (PC) supports Dolby Digital? Will it output SPDIF from a PC?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
AC3Filter has recently been getting a lot of attention, it's the first software codec that can encode DD5.1 in realtime. It works great with videos but I have yet to try it with games.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Has anyone seen the PC Gamer review online yet? I know PC Gamer is telling people not to post it, but I'm too damn anxious :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Why not buy the damn magazine instead of asking for people to infringe the magazine's copyright? :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Exactly. Currently only subscribers have the mag, it's not out at news-stands yet. My subscription ran out last month, and I'll be happy to buy the mag when it comes out at stores...but until then, I'd like to read the article.

Thanks, Dave!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
So I want to pre-order this game, went to ebgames.com and they make you buy this silly figurine with it. I'd normally have no problem but this means the pre-order cost is $54.99. Same deal with Gamestop and Best Buy.

Any place where I can pre-order without paying a higher price?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Not quite. Retail is $60 on Doom 3, as opposed to the normal $50.

In addition to the place you linked, I believe Outpost.com has it for under $50. I think you can preorder from Gamestop.com and get free FedEx overnight shipping, but the price is $55 there too.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
ahh thanks for correcting me. Was there any word on why they are charging $60 retail?

The Gamestop deal looks good, but you have to pre-order both D3 and HL2.

edit- Just went through the checkout process and there's no tax either. Seems they only charge sales tax to NY * Texas. Neat! :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just checked PlanetDoom, and they have the code "OVRDOOM3" listed as free shipping on just Doom 3. I did the Doom/HL2 deal myself, but if you only want Doom 3 use "OVRDOOM3." I tried it, and it appears to be working.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Is that PC Gamer review indicative of the rest of their magazine? I can't believe that a published review is so poorly written and loaded with grammatical and spelling errors.

My favorite:

Kami

Screenwriter
Jay,

To me it was obviously someone typing out the article while reading from the physical magazine. :)

How big is this little pinky demon figurine? Is it a tiny little 2 inch thing or is it bigger?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Either that, or the typos could have been caused by some bad ocr :)

No clue. I would have rather gotten Pinky, but the Baron of Hell from Gamestop is pretty kewl. I'm sure it won't be some big-ass elaborate Sideshow-esque statue, hehe ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks