What's new

Don't know where else to mention this. (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Not for many years. Routinely on weekends now. This was a week night in a deathly boring New England town :).

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That's what one does at a bar. I didn't pick the driver. I called a taxi service (incidentaly, the number is 666-6666) and that's who showed up 15 mins later. I am not in the habit of checking the front seat for driver-fellating weed-smoking 'fro-wearing passengers before I sit down and give a destination, sober or otherwise.

--
H

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Come on everybody! Sing along! You know you want to...

Last night, I said goodbye
Now--it seems years
I'm back in the city
Where nothing is clear
But thoughts of me --holding you
Bringing us near

And tell me
When will our eyes meet
When can I touch you
When will this strong yearning end
And when will I hold you again

Time in new england
Took me away
To long rocky beaches
--and you, by the bay
We started a story
Whose end must now wait

And, tell me
When will our eyes meet
When can I touch you

I feel the change comin
--I feel the wind blow
I feel brave and daring!
I feel my blood flow
With you
I can bring out
All the love, that I have
--with you theres a heaven
So earth aint so bad

And tell me
When will our eyes meet
When can I touch you

:D

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn

Sure they do, tourists mostly. We love city folks up here in New England; they fill up their cars with the most expensive gas in town, buy all kinds of crap from the convenience store that nobody else does, tofu snackers anybody?, and most of all it is a blast giving them directions . . . to nowhere. Okay, we don't really do that, really . . .

While living in Vermont and working in a bar, I was at first mystified, then disgusted, and soon bemused by the New Yorkers who would saddle up to the bar, stare right at some of the world's finest micro-brews available fresh on-tap, and order a Bud Light. :laugh:

Love them city folks.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Hmmmmmm.......
  • A man goes for a nice night at a bar.
  • After "ingested massive amounts of alcohol" he does the right thing and calls a cab.
  • Man is weirded out about the taxi phone number being "666-6666", but he is not superstitious and calls any way.
  • The cab arrives and the man innocently gets in, not knowing what he has gotten himself into.
  • As the cab starts pulling away, another mysterious person appears in the front and the man realizes that this will not be an ordinary ride.
  • With out speaking the two up front light up.
  • They turn around with a mischievous look on their face and the back doors lock trapping the man inside
Sounds like the beginning of a "B" horror movie. :eek:

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The vent hood over my stove has 2 light bulbs in it hooked to a 110 circuit. One has been burnt out for a few months now, but I haven't gotten to changing it. The other night we had a power failure as the cold front blew through. I have a generator that runs a few of the household circuits. The lights are on that circuit. While the generator was running, both lights, including the "burnt out" bulb were working. The next day, when power was restored, the burnt out bulb stopped working again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like Kraft Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese Sharp Cheddar--the kind with a bag of cheese "sauce" instead of the powder. As far as I'm concerned, the more cheese the better. One time, I got incredibly lucky and they had accidentally put two bags of cheese in the box! I'll never see that again. They ought to sell the bags of cheese separately.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I hadn't realized that Figlmueller's had celebrated their centenial in 2005. Rats, I missed it. :frowning: I ate there twice back in the 1980's. Yum.

Figlmüller

Don't bother asking for the vegan special. :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was channel-surfing the other day and landed briefly on A League of Their Own on HDNet. Looked pretty good.

The scene I saw was early in the film when Kit & Dotty were playing for the local Lukash Dairy team...setting up the relationship between the two sisters.

Everything was proceeding along normally until after Kit strikes out, Dottie strides to the plate and takes her big cut to drive the ball deep into the outfield and win the game.

The twist to the story is that when Dottie swings and connects with the ball, the sound effect was one big "WHIFF!" I stopped and wondered, "did I hear that right?"

I backed-up the scene on my DVR and asked my wife, "tell me what happens here?" After she said "she swung & missed", I asked her her how it happened then that the ball ends up in the outfield. :rolleyes

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
You know what really bugs me? Those darned road atlases put out by people like State Farm/Rand McNally. Each state gets one page, no matter how large or small the state. You can see how silly this is by checking the scale of miles on each state's page.

Rhode Island 1 inch 6 miles
New York 1 inch 17 miles
New Hampsire 1 inch 14 miles
Nevada 1 inch 38 miles
Montana 1 inch 30 miles
Missouri 1 inch 25 miles
Iowa 1 inch 17 miles
Idaho 1 inch 39 miles

People flipping through this atlas would be led to think that all states are the same size.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Kinda like the dilemma Hugh Hefner used to have in the ol' days about where to put the staple. He could have said "no more than one page per photo." But, no. He was a visionary.

Herbal

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil
Here I was thinking my first post would be somthing like...'Hi, it's me'.

Then I came accross this thread talking about things you would not expect.

Who would have thought my first post would be so unexpected that it would appear in an unexpected thread. Just goes to show, you never know what is going to happen...

So anyway...Hi, it's me!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks