1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by alan halvorson, Jul 21, 2006.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Well-Known Member

Is Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land contained on any dvd in any region? I thought it was rumored last fall to be out this spring or summer but if it is, I'm not aware of it. There was an exceedingly rare Japanese laser disc that was very expensive whenever a copy become available on Ebay. I know there is this enhanced teachers classroom edition http://dep.disney.go.com/educational...VL00&preview=y but it's $59.95. I'd rather avoid that price if I could.

So - does anyone have the lowdown on this short?

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    It'll probably eventually make it on one of the Donald Duck volumes of the Disney Treasures sets.

3. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
  4. paul_austin

paul_austin Well-Known Member

i saw this often in school growing up and cant wait to see it again

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Well-Known Member

They sent me a free VHS tape of this back in 1993 as an apology for not releasing a letterboxed (and uncut) VHS tape of "Aladdin". I gave 'em the finger anyways [​IMG] since by then I'd gotten a laserdisc player and had to put up with their ridiculous delaying policy with LD releases.

6. David Williams

David Williams Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will end up on the final Chronological Donald volume, much in the way that Disney finished up MMiLC with A Mickey Christmas Carol and Runaway Brain.

7. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Well-Known Member

I'm 44 and I saw this at least twice while in grade school. Of course, then it was a film. I always enjoyed it. I just showed that clip to my 13 year old and 9 year old. My 13 year old said she saw it during school this year.

I remember the pool (billiards) demonstration where Donald is taught (using math) where to hit the rails for a bank shot. I remember thinking I could now become a great pool player. Of course, that never happened. LOL

8. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I've had the videotape for years, and will just have to be satisfied with that until Disney adds it to one of the Donald DVD sets.

9. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Well-Known Member

Joel Henderson
    Personally I'd rather see it in it's complete form (attached to "An Adventure in Color") on a Walt Disney's Wonderfull World of Color set.

10. Adam_S

Adam_S Well-Known Member

Adam_S
    This is now Available on DVD in the USA as an exclusive to Disney Movie Club Members (like Duck Tales Treasure of the Lost Lamp). I'm ordering it right now and can't wait to get it. I imagine it'll show up on ebay very soon, I just got the mailing that included it yesterday.

11. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    I joined the club this morning, ordered it (along with a few other titles), put in my credit card info and sealed the deal.... and so far, I've heard nothing. No confirmation email, nothing, zip (a-dee-doo-dah, har har). I tried to log in tonight, but the site doesn't recognize my email address. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow....