What's new

Does your BFD buzz? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had the 1100p. I now have the 1124p. I never remember the 1100p buzzing like this one. Really starting to get on my nerves. I tightened the 3 screws on the top, and that helped a little, but it's still bugging me. I *suspect* that they aren't all like this, and out of the statistical distribution of all units and their "buzz index," I have one more towards the "worse" end of that scale. I'm thinking about dumping it and just trying another one (internet sale, so I can't return it anyway). Your experience?

Richard_M

Second Unit
I assume the buzz is coming from the transformer, I like James have my top screws slightly loose, and this helps a lot, what you could try is get some of the glue backed foam for door seals and put that around the edge of the top cover to give more gap between the cover and transformer.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
That's starting to confirm what I've thought, some buzz more than others, and I've got a "louder" one... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks