What's new

Does this TV exist? (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
NO burn in--OAR means OAR and I watch a lot of old films--I will NOT stretch the image.

NO motion blurring (or as little as possible--so far, LCD, to my eyes, seems to suffer the most from this problem, but I've not looked at the MOST expensive sets).

DEEP BLACKS and GOOD SHADOW DETAIL--a lot of the classic films I watch are not only 4:3 but black&white

5000$CDN or less

REASONABLE Standard Definition playback--I understand SD looks relatively poor than HD on HDTVs, but some must be better than others in that regard--there's not enough HD programming in my neck of the woods for me to forgo SD channels.

45-55 inches

I recently helped a friend shop for a TV and HT setup. He went with a DLP RP (he liked it a lot) and I was mainly along for the audio portion of his rig (audio is a far more important element for me and it is where my expertise (relative to his) lies).

I was planning to wait another couple of years, but I do admit the big screen "bug" bit me while I was shopping with him. So, does the TV I want exist?
(I know there is no perfect TV, but I would like to do reasonably well with one).

glenm

Auditioning
Real Name
glen
Check out the second generation SXRD KDS 50A2000 which uses the same technology of the SXRD XBR1 plus its 1080p

glenm

Auditioning
Real Name
glen
Check out the second generation SXRD KDS 50A2000. Which uses the same technology of the SXRD XBR1 the flagship of the Sony HDTV line up plus its 1080p. If you want to go for a 60" go buy the SXRD XBR2 coming out early fall. Hope this would help you find your perfect HDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks