What's new

Does this site REALLY get DVDs released? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Prince

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit, there's so many requests for DVDs here, I don't know wich movies get released. Reading the website, I'm confused.

What's the most major releases that the website has mamged to get released? And how do the studios take this site seriously?

Matthew Prince

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Warner Bros does, but I've not seen much indication that any other studios listen to anyone much outside of the Wal-Mart purchasers. Universal has a few catalog box sets upcoming and Fox is still doing their Noir and Classics periodically, but Paramount is apparently down for the count and Disney is still sitting on a ton of unreleased live-action material. Criterion and Kino and their ilk are the saviors of the classics these days.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
If their executives were ""SMART" they would! Just take a count & see how many fit into that definition.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, this forum is responsible for quite a few
studio releases, mainly from Fox and Warner.

Your requests ARE being read.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew,
I can only give you ancedotal evidence. I came upon this website in Aug. of 2002. In the first couple of years, over 20 of my wish list titles have been released. It's been rather barren the last couple of years. From some of the other threads, you can find my lists of "still waiting for"
We just have to keep asking nicely.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Benn wrote (post #6):

[Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!] Know what? (I'll hate myself in the morning, but for right now . . . .) I think you want to give that poster "anec
dotal evidence". (Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Malapropisms are a pet peeve of mine.)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I think it may have more to do with the fact that, just because 2 people on the HTF want it, dosnt mean anyone else does.

PhilBook

Auditioning
Real Name
PhilBook
How many people, roughly, do you think have to be interested in a show for a company to release it on dvd?

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Fox - could you please stop making double sided discs?

You'd sell more titles if you do.

Goes out to all studios still practicing this unfriendly format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks