1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the Sony 36HS510 take a HDMI DVI???

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Guidry, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Well-Known Member

I am totally new to the DVI inputs but I have read a little on it. I am looking at getting a 36" sony this weekend but I want to make sure its a good purchase. I was reading about it and it has a DVI input but it says its a HDTV input. Is this the same as a HDMI...or will I be able to get a plug that has a HDTV and a HDMI end???

I need help [​IMG]

2. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Well-Known Member

You'll be fine. If you have a device with an HDMI output you will have to get an adapter cable that has the HDMI on one end and a regular DVI on the other end. Don't ask me where to get one but I know they are available. [​IMG]

What device do you have with an HDMI output though? I know there aren't that many on the market right now.

3. Mark Guidry

Mark Guidry Well-Known Member

Great I did see that kind of cable when I did some searches on the net.

I dont have anything with one yet...but when I get this TV it will be the one that I have for a long time. I just want to make sure when I start upgrading the rest of my stuff...it will all hook up.