What's new

Does BEAUTIFUL GIRLS have enough audience to warrant a reissue? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'd be in...

Man....! Remember how GOOD Natalie P. was in this? SMOKED everyone else off the screen. AND in HEAT, and in LEON...

What the heck happened in these SW films...?!?!?!?!?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
YES! I would love to have a real version of this most excellent film. Natalie was outstanding in this movie, I have no idea what happened to her in the Star Wars movies.
What the heck happened in these SW films?!?!?!?!?!?
I couldn't agree with you more. But then again, pretty much every person in the two new SW films have been terrible! So maybe it's not the actor just the crappy script and directing. Don't get me started on how bad those movies SUCK!

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I like Natalie's performance in this even more than Leon so you bet I'd be there for an SE. Heck, even Rosie O'Donnell serves her purpose in this picture.

Pieter

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I've never seen this film, but it's the kind of movie I'd be interested in seeing. I'd buy it if a better version came out (at least anamorphic).

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Not to be cheeky, but isn't the film suppossed to take place in Massachusettes???
Although I believe it was filmed in Minnesota (& Stillwater).
EDIT: I see that Marty has confirmed that it was filmed in MN & Stillwater, although set in Mass. So my memory (nor my vision) isn't that flaky. ;)
CD-Wow lists this title for £5.99 + free shipping. Here are the details:
No. of Discs: 1
Running Time: 98 minutes
Year Produced: 1996
Region: 2 (UK & Europe/Japan)
Audio: English - Dolby Digital Stereo
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 (Widescreen)
Anamorphic: Yes
Encoding: PAL
Interactive Features:
Interactive Menus, Scene Selection
Anyone with experience with CD-Wow? At this price (~$9.54 shipped), it seems like a good buy.
Here's a direct link to the CD-Wow listing:
Beautiful Girls @ CD-Wow

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I've had excellent experience with CD-WOW.
The only real problem is that they charge your credit card at the moment you order, which I don't like when I'm pre-ordering stuff.
Always order through this link though:
http://www.cd-wow.com/promotion.php?...27-70423-39833
It will magically save you GBP 1,- :D
So thank you very much, I just ordered it for GBP 4.99. (= US$ 7.96 incl. worldwide delivery) :)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Mark, that was fantastic for you to provide the instant £1 off coupon link!

I went ahead and purchased this...for $7.96, it was an easy decision. Especially considering Amazon carries the non-anamorphic release for $12.99 + shipping.

Thanks!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I received my CD Wow! order of Beautiful Girls (R2 PAL) today - excellent service considering the shipping is free. The order shipped on the 21st and I received it (here in MN USA) on the 25th.

Odd that it came from Hong Kong, since I thought CD Wow was British based.

Anyway, the disc is in fine shape, it's 1.85:1 anamorphic and DD 5.1. It plays fine in my out-of-the-box, region-free Toshiba SD-3900.

Thanks to Mark again for the £1 off instant coupon link and the high recommendation for this site.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Coincidently, I've also just received my copy this afternoon! :D
Looks and sounds good (on my modest set-up), so thank you too, Peter, for the CD-WOW link.
Also received Fargo SE from CD-WOW, BTW. Couldn't resist it at a mere GBP 8.99. ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
only recently discovered this movie on some cable channel. enjoyed it thoroghly. not sure i would buy the dvd though.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Also received Fargo SE from CD-WOW, BTW. Couldn't resist it at a mere GBP 8.99.
Fargo....:laugh: I'm pretty sure this one is actually (partially) set in Minnesota. Actually, one of my favorite films, too. Glad CD Wow! has free shipping instead of trying to think of all of the titles I want to spread out the cost of shipping (no joke, sometimes it's agony trying to think of titles to buy to mitigate the shipping costs).
Thanks Mark (I think for emptying my wallet). ;)
A quick scan of Amazon.com shows a release date of Sept. 20th for the R1 SE @ $18.73 + shipping.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
A post at DVD Talk International Forum discusses Beautiful Girls R2 (CD Wow!):
R2 Beautiful Girls @ DVD Talk International Forum
A comment within this thread sums up the comparison between R1 and R2 versions:
My first comparison was on my TV and it was obvious that the anamorphic PAL picture destroys the non-anamorphic NTSC one from the R1 disc. Scan lines are very visible in NTSC and edges were noticeably ragged. That was the biggest difference by far first time out.

Kami

Screenwriter
Just got done watching this film for the first time (I had always meant to watch it but never got around to it).

Natalie does steal the show...but that's not the only reason to love the film. Really good stuff, and I'd purchase a SE in a second.

Just another bump to let 'em know we want a SE.

Jason Monette

Second Unit
I watch this movie usually at least once a month. It one of my favorites. There are so many parts that make me laugh out loud because it is how most guys think and react to the situation. It is really too bad the director life was cut short, he was a true talent. I really hope they release a SE of this film. I would buy it in a heart beat.

"...Like ya been drinkin' Jack and Coke all morning...."

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to make a quick post to say I'm glad to see this thread get drug out of the closet once every couple months. Maybe if this thing runs for another couple years, BV will realize the audience for this film. If this was a Fox title, i'd be we'd have a SE or two by now, lol.

It's nice to see there is, in fact, the audience I thought there would be hiding out there... It's wonderful to see that such a little touching movie has touched so many people!

"Girls like that are born with a boyfriend."

Jason Monette

Second Unit
It seem I have started a trend.....Well let's keep it going!!!

Willie: Do you want to go home with me?

Andera: No

Willie: I had to ask, because to be honest with you, I don't find you the least bit attractive. Now do you want to go home with me?

Andera: No.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks