What's new

Does Anyone Remember Dino-Riders? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Anyone remember this? Dino-Riders was a late 80s cartoon about futuristic humans who wind up traveling back in time and ending up stuck in the Dinosaur age, they were followed by these lizard aliens who wanted their crystal. Anyways the humans and the aliens both use the dinosaurs to battle each other. They put all kinds of weapons and armour on them. For a kid this was such a great cartoon. The toys were even better :) From the little searching i've done this is a pretty obscure show, and only a few seem to remember this. I found out it was made by Marvel Productions. I was wondering does anyone know who owns it now? I know some of the Marvel cartoons are now owned by Disney could Dino-Riders be part of the package as well? It would be a great show to have on DVD.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I think Disney has it, it was packaged with reruns of Spider-man & his Amazing Friends and Robocop when last I saw it, I think it alternated with Robocop. I barely remember it but those who do remember it fondly, it only came on at like 5 AM here on Sundays.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Tory well my speculation was right, I did some digging on Marvel Productions and found that they were sold to Saban so we all know who owns it now. I wonder if Disney even knows they own it? Gord or Dave any chance if you talk to Disney sometime you could mention it? It was such a great 80s cartoon for me. It would be perfect to bring it out if there was anoather Jurrasic Park movie.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yep, I actually have the first comic book lying in my closet somwhere. Along with Visionaries, this was GREAT B-level Saturday morning cartoonage.

Joe:C

Second Unit
For a minute I thought you were talking about Dinosaucers. Does anyone remember that show? I remember the Dino-Rider toys, but the only episode I can remember watching is the pilot. Didn't Chris Latta(Starscream,Cobra Commander) do one of the voices? I seem to remember his voice as one of the snake guys.

Joe:C

Second Unit

They were on around the same time. Dinosaucers had a 65 episode run while it looks like Dino-Riders only got 13 episodes. I don't think Dinosaucer toys were released either. Here's an intro from TV Tome.

"Welcome to the Dinosaucers guide at TV Tome. For those of you who don't know, Dinosaucers, a late 80s cartoon, featured a fleet of anthropomorphic dinosaurs from a planet called Reptilon. The Dinosaucers fought for the good of their homeworld, and the Tyrannos fought for domination of it. When the planet suffered because of the wars, the battle came to earth, where the Dinosaucers teamed up with four young humans, who became their "secret scouts" in the new world"

Dinosaucers

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Jeff & Joe. I was watching anoather episode this weekend it had such a great idea. It's too bad it's not even on tv anymore. This show would be perfect for a remake. I hope the DVDs come eventually.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I emailed Disney and asked about this. They said they don't own it. But i'm sure they do because it's part of the Marvel Action Universe and I know Disney bought it. Is it possible that Disney owns so much stuff like Saban or the Marvel shows they don't know they have. Gord could ask Disney about this? I was thinking too it be great to release if anoather Jurrasic Park movie came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks