1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone here shoot trap?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Adam Gregorich, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I went out this weekend for the first time and had a lot of fun. I'd like to keep going as the range is about 5 minutes from my house, but my Benelli M4 isn't well suited for trap so I would like to pick up a non home defense "multi purpose" 12 gauge. Here are some choices:

A used Benelli Nova w/ fiber optic for $275

A new Remington 870 Express on sale for $289

A used Remington 870 Wingmaster for $289

Step up to a Beretta 3901 semi-auto for $575

Any thoughts on either trap or any of the guns above?

2. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Thanks Duane. Sports Authority had the 870 Express on sale for $289 which was a great price, but it just didn't seem to have the fit/finish and build quality of the older versions. I ended up going with none of the above. I found a nice used Benelli M1 Super 90 with a fiber site at a local pawn shop for $550 and they even through in a case. It has a very similar receiver to my Benelli M4 so everything works the same