What's new

Dodgy Spiderman Disc (1 Viewer)

Hi

Played my Spiderman DVD Today for the 1st time.

Over an hour into the film when Mary Jane is being Attacked by the 4 Thugs in the Alley the DVD freezes completely and the Screen Becomes Pixellated.

It won't play anymore and you can't FF or Rew and have to forward or rewind to the next chapter or stop the DVD to get out of the Freeze.Repeated this several times and always happened at the same spot.

So i tried the Disc on my Second Player and there is a Slight Pause at the exact same bit'but it continues to play normally after that.

Any ideas whats the problem?

Thanx

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Does that scene start out with a close-up of a Daily Bugle being thrown into the trash? If so, I believe it's the layer change. I know my old player got to the point where it couldn't handle layer changes. It would do exactly what you are describing. What kind of player do you have? Mine was a Sony DVP-560D. From reading many newsgroup posts, it seems the lower end Sonys develop these kinds of problems fairly regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks