Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And it is HOT!

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/funonw...ger/index.html

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Wow, I was disappointed with the new Charger (my first car was a 74 Charger). Looks like Dodge has followed Ford on the Mustang and is coming out with a retro styled Challenger. It looks great.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Will it have non-reclining vinyl seats and a mono AM/FM radio? If they offer it in (sub)Lime Green I'm gonna start robbing C-Stores to buy one!

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'm not against the recent trend of car manufacturers looking to styling from the 1960s and '70s, but I think this looks less like a car with styling cues from previous models and more like an 'old car'.

Adam

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator
This would be awesome if it were under $30k, but unfortunately, I think Dodge is only going to have a high-performance version that will sell for $38k or so. It will have the engine from the 300C SRT-8. (420 hp I think?)

I say they should just put the regular 340 hp hemi in it and try to compete directly with the Mustang GT. Sell it for $28k and it would go like hotcakes. My info is from the recent Car and Driver article. I don't know for sure that there will only be a high-perf version, but that's how the article made it sound.

Muscle cars shouldn't cost $40 grand. Come on.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well the 340HP hemi version should run ~$30k if they go that route. I would expect them to do so.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Remember that the Camaro is rumored to be coming back as well at that time.

Maybe the muscle car era has returned.

E

Eric Kahn

The major problem I have with the ew challenger is that the concept car has that nice 6 speed manual in it but the production version will probably only have stinking automatic trannies
if the production version actually has a 6 speed manual and a V8, I will be first in line to buy one

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks