What's new

Do you sing in the car? (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I only sing in the car. That way, I'm not embarassed by having another human being hear my less than gifted singing voice.

I think the funniest thing I've ever seen while driving was a guy who was air drumming while at a stop light. This guy was rocking out like there was no tomorrow. I've never seen a person so into a song in my life. :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My question, is there someone who doesn't sing along in the car? I fit into the same category as TravisR, it's the only place I sing and ONLY when I'm alone at the request of multiple people (and FWIW a couple of dogs) over the years. I know I'm not even remotely close to gifted, but how many people have demanded that you cease and desist while you are in your own car.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I do. Well, not every song. My commute is one hour each way in San Francisco cummute hour traffic and this is the only way to stay sane. I figure it's much safer than text messaging someone.

Current tunes? I'm still stuck on the "Greatest Hits" of Belinda Carlisle.

As for playing air-instruments, I do that too. Surprisingly, I don't sing in the shower.

It's kind of sad, isn't it?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
If I'm singing, it's probably to Keane, which means I'm probably not in a good mood.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hell yes. Isn't that what a car's for? When I was younger, I tried to sing at night or when people weren't around to see, but now I don't care.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Sing in the car? Almost always.

Air drum or head bang at a stop light? Not often, but it has happened.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Yeah buddy! The car is the closest thing to a recording studio I'll ever see. Surrounded by music, you just can't help yourself. Just today I was crankin' the band Jaded Heart. Most rockin' band I've heard lately.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I do. I've been in several vocal performances over the years and, along with singing in the car for fun, I've used it as a place to learn lyrics--put the disc on repeat and sing along until I've memorized the part. Good place to do that as it doesn't bother the household with hearing the same song/piece 12-30 times in a row (some pieces are harder to learn than others :D ).

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Yep, sure do! I particularly like to do it during the spring/early summer when I can roll down the windows, feel the wind and spew horrible vocals on the unsuspecting public!

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
So... I walk into the house after a bad day and my daughter is laughing her butt off to the point of tears.

Ok Miss priss, what did I miss ?

"Nice version of Buffett Dad !"

Apparently I hit redial on my phone as I put in the console. Seemed to put the rest of the day into perspective :)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I sing in the car, the shower, at work, while on the loo... infact, I think I sing ALL THE TIME even when I am suppose to be speaking to someone... it comes out in song.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks