What's new

Do They Still Make Full Size 5 Disc DVD Players...? (1 Viewer)

Richard Meadows

Auditioning
I have a Sony 5 disc player (DVP-NC875V) which is probably about 5 years old.

I've been to three stores today, and done a lot of online searching, and it seems all DVD players today are cheap little tinny boxes about the size of a clock radio with a mini remote.

I don't need Blu Ray, I don't need it to be a HDD recorder or a DVD burner. I don't need it to connect to the internet or be a streaming device. I just need a basic DVD player that isn't a $40 piece of junk.

I'd love to have a multi disc DVD player as I generally watch several TV show series at once but it seems they just don't make those anymore.

I also need something with componet jacks and RCA jacks. Looks like everything is trying to go HDMI but my TV HDMI connections are already spoken for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Honestly, I'm surprised anyone is building DVD players anymore at all. Entry level BDPs can be had for under $40 and pretty decent models for around $100.

Check the used market, there there were quite a few DVD players and changers available last time I looked. Also look in thrift stores, Goodwill, etc.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Just because you dont need features doesnt necessarily mean youll be paying extra for them. Since any Blu Ray and HDDVD player can play DVDs I would add both to your search. You might have to give up the idea of a 5 disk changer if you want component output and a quality player. Component has been removed forever but they were also made forever, changers werent as common. I would search Toshiba HDDVD on ebay as they made awesome upscaling DVD machines that just so happen to play HDDVDs. It wouldnt be a changer but it would be a top-flight DVD player for cheap ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks