What's new

Do these good feet insoles really work? (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I keep seeing these commercials on tv and have wanted to hear from others good or bad wether or not they do any good? Thanks to all!

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
The insoles that just provide cushioning are ok, ie they provide the cushioning they say they do and nothing more.

However, the insoles that are marketed as "arch supports" are garbage. Any decent podiatrist will tell you to stay away from those. If you have legitimate arch problems, see a podiatrist and get high quality, custom fitted supports.

I have really really high arches and was in constant pain. Getting arch supports (thick plastic covered in foam) was one of the best things I've ever done.

*Edit* I misread your question so I thought you were talking about supports in general, ya know, the kind you get at Walgreens. I've never been to Good Feet, but if they have certified podiatrists do the work and they make custom inserts (take an imprint of your foot and make the insert to fit), then it sounds good to me. Like said, I had huge problems before I got them. I dont know, however, if a normal arch would benefit as much, but I tend to think that a support can't hurt and would most likely help at least some.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Just thought I'd see if anyone has some updates to add. I still see infomercials on these things,but I think they're going by a different name now. Any runners out there using them,and if so have they helped any?

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Second Leila's advise - get proper arch supports. Mine are custom made, are hard plastic, and show no signs of any visible wear after four years of continuous use.

FWI, I too have extremely high arches and other arch support devices available at mass market levels helped, but in no way do they compare to the ones I have now. Cost was ~$200 but well worth it.

Jason

Jasonhunt

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Hunt
After twenty years of back pain do to a motorcycle accident my pain was gone thanks to these little things you put in the shoe. I now run 30 miles a week with no foot pain, no knee pain and no back pain. Good Feet Arch Supports.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You mean for general daily use or for hiking?

I've replaced my OEM insoles on some of my backpacking boots with Superfeet and I must say they are much nicer, more comfortable, more grip which means less sliding, less friction, and less blisters/hot spots.. I'd buy them again anyway. YMMV..

Jay

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I purchased custom supports from Foot Solutions. Best investment on my feet I have ever made. I stand on a concrete floor at work all day and that really takes a toll on my feet. since wearing these inserts for about a year now, I have noticed such a HUGE difference in my feet and knees and hips. I was told they would last 4-6 years and so far the wear and tear on these have been nothing. I make sure to take them out of my shoes at night and air them out and you can wipe them down with a slightly wet cloth to clean them.

Some insurance companies will actually cover the cost of these, so check that out before buying them or just send in the information and get reimbursed.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I had custom arch support insoles made at sports medicine place when I was dealing with some foot problems earlier this year. I was supposed to wear them but they felt like golf balls under my arches. I stopped wearing them after two weeks and put them on a shelf. Yesterday, I was diagnosed with plantars fasciitis, and the first thing the doc said was "Do you have arch support inserts?" Now I have to wear them and I feel like I'm clomping around like Frankenstein. I also have to wear a medieval torture device called a night splint that I have to wear to bed, that forces my right foot into this ungodly position to stretch my foot tendons. Last night, I took it off at about 3 a.m. because it kept waking me up.

Denver GoodFeet

Auditioning
Real Name
Good Feet Colorado
I love my Good Feet Arch Supports
I was having terrible pain. I apparently had a tear in my Achilles tendon. I went to see a podiatrist and he recommended surgery. I has heard about Good Feet and decided to give them a try. I was skeptical when I walked in, but that went away. The staff treated me wonderfully and the test with and without the supports sold me. I bought two pairs, and now, NO SURGERY AND NO PAIN! The tendon was able to heal on it's own. Now I recommend Good Feet to EVERYONE! Why live in pain?
— William Johnson, Virginia Beach, Va

davildee

Auditioning
Real Name
david lee
Yes, rigid or semi rigid arch supports are very helpful for alot of problems, they helped me. There are a few methods of getting some, if the Good Feet ones feel good, they will probably help but you do need to get sized, don't get them from a box or machine.

davildee

Auditioning
Real Name
david lee
Yes, rigid or semi rigid arch supports are very helpful for alot of problems, they helped me. There are a few methods of getting some, if the Good Feet ones feel good, they will probably help but you do need to get sized, don't get them from a box or machine.

tommykb

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas K. Bales
I was in the 'Good Feet' store this morning and spent the $$$. I already tried a couple of 'over the counter' inserts. I had reasonalble success with the 'Dr. Schol's' inserts I paid $50. for from Wal-Mart, and had I not tried another insert from a different manufacture, might have been fine. But when purchasing a new pair of work-boots, I also purchased another type of insert which seemed to 'move' the pain point from the center of the heel to different points of the bottom of the foot, but still in the heel region. After watching the commercials on TV for the 'Good Feet Store', (they seemed to be on all the time now) I took the time to drive 60 miles away and purchase them. It's very early in the process, but I've got to say that the first day of wearing them.......the 'Classic' or #1 for 2 1/2 hours, then the milder 'Ultra' or #2 insert for about 2 hours, and finally the #3..or 'skinny' for about 2 hours, my feet feel pretty good, but I'm not sure they feel $585. worth better. I only have pain in my left foot, which seemed to have come from 'nowhere' one morning about three months ago when getting out of bed.

Sunshine50

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary
I have the same problem, woke up one day with severe pain in my left foot. Went to podiatrist who recommended physical therapy and gave me a cortisone shot. Doc also suggested they would cast my feet for custom orthodics, insurance would cover after deductible, so limited out of pocket expense. I too had heard much about Good Feet so I drove to a store, seemed ligit and the insoles did seem to help while I walked around for the 3-4 min test period. I must say you got a deal at $585, they charged me $700 and they don't work. My feet actually hurt worse, the store manager told me I must be using the product wrong.....really how intelligent do you have to be to put insoles in your shoes? I did exactly what they told me rotating the insoles and building up to longer periods of time. They tell you about the lifetime guarantee, but they don't tell you if these don't work, you are just out the money......Unless you can really test something that costs $700, take my advice and let the podiatrist custom make you orthodics, even without insurance they would have been less than $500. Call me a fool for believing this guys sales pitch.

behappy

Auditioning
Real Name
lee weathers
I bought Good Feet Arch supports in 2002. After being a ball room dance instructor I demolished my feet and had multiple problems. Had been through hell to fix it. 3 different doctors 5 different supports made from casts of my feet then fitted and refitted by doctors. I was two weeks away from surgery when I went into a store as a last resort. The price was high but far less than the money I had spent on the doctors and supports which my insurance did not cover. It took some time but 10 years later I have the same supports and have had no issue except when I feel so good I forget to wear them. Not everything works for every one. I sick of people saying some thing is crap when they didn't work for that particular person. They worked for me and my husband but didn't work for my daughter. I would do it again and if some one asks me now I just say "try it, it worked for me".

msskitty1

Auditioning
Real Name
robin nicholson
no and yes. they sold me and expensive package and implied i needed it. the one in tucson did not have the foot machine they show on the commercial that shows what you need for an insert. the expensive exerciser makes me irritable so i can't use it. the expensive relaxer i like. i recommend going to a podiatrist. it would have been cheaper or the same but i would have what i need. i spend $500. on 2 inserts and am sorry

T

tajuwe518

I can't say whether or not Good Feet insoles work because I did not end up buying them. I went into a local store, and honestly, the insoles they fitted me for felt great.

As a quick background:

I have had flat feet my whole life, got custom orthotics through my doctor when I was young, and just kind of forgot about my flat feet from when I was 12 til about 25. I don't know why the discomfort in my feet stopped during this time, but ultimately the discomfort cam back with a vengeance over the last year (I'm now 26). I tried the OTC (Dr. Scholls, etc.) insoles, but the pain seemed to be getting worse everyday. The biggest problem for me with the OTC insoles was that the material was too soft so it didn't give me the arch support I needed, and if they did, they would compress too easily after 2-3 weeks. The pain was getting so bad that it was becoming too much of a focus in my everyday life, and I had to do something. I too saw the commericals for Good Feet and thought that was a sign to check it out. Like I said, I went into the store and the insoles felt great. I loved how rigid and sturdy the material felt, and I felt like there's a chance they could've worked. Compared to the OTC insoles I had been buying, these honestly felt amazing, giving my feet the arch support they had been needing for so long.

Here are my reasons for not going with Good Feet:

1) One turn-off was the price. I am on a budget right now and the price surprised me a little. They are still definitely less expensive than orthotics through a doctor, but the $200+ caught me off guard. I also wasn't expecting that there would be three different models which accounted for the three different phases they suggest you go through to do the entire "Good Feet process." In all fairness, you don't have to get all three which would be upwards of $600.

2) No refunds. I didn't like the idea of paying over $200 for something I couldn't try out for a little while. No satisfaction guarantee. Since Good Feet's orthotics aren't 100% custom (they take an impression of your feet on a piece of paper and go to the backroom where they have hundreds of orthotics that allow them to grab an orthotic that will be really close to your impression), I was surprised that I wasn't given the impression that I could try different orthotics out until I found the right one. All the orthotics are pre-made, so I didn't like this. Basically I had the option to take a $200 gamble.

3) The salesman in the store did not give off the impression that he was really knowledgeable about his field. I'm not referring to Good Feet's process or their insoles, but more just general knowledge about feet and the issues that people have with their feet. In all fairness, this isn't completely relevant to a discussion about the quality of the actual product, but the issues above were enough to at least cause me to want to look around some more.

I really don't want to come off like a "secret-promoter" for another company, but I really want to spread the word about the company that I ended up going with, because my custom orthotics from them have been life-changing over the past few weeks that I have had them. The company is called Fitthotic (http://www.fitthotic.com/). If you are like I was just a few weeks ago, where the pain in your feet is unbearable and that you are desperate for a solution, at least go to Fitthotic's website and check it out. Even better would be to call or email them to try and talk to Vince, who is the CEO of the company. He ended up being the one to call me, and he was extremely informative and helpful (not pushy).

rockaroo

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
I signed up here just to give my opinion on this product and the franchisee that I used.

The short version of my reply is that I like the product but the business practices surely seem shady.

The long version is this. I am a 50 year old all day on concrete floor worker . I had to have back surgery and after the recovery was over my Dad offered to buy a good pair of work shoes. I was convinced to parlay his offer into goodfeet orthotics by the radio and the salespeople. We went to the store together and the sales pitch was offensive to him but I saw potential in the product as it changed my balance from being way to far back on my heels to using my front feet again.
I used the inserts for 6 weeks and really liked them but I lost them. Lame, I know. I went back to the store to see what it would take to get a new set. They were no longer friendly or nice at all. I bought a replacement set for $200 vs. $300 but the shadiness of the whole operation seemed very apparent as the owner hid in the back and the salesgirl seemed very surprised that I would pay for a replacement set.
There was also a copy machine grade notice warning to back surgery patients near the register. I don't think that was there when I first went in there and straight up told them about my surgery.
Aside from the retailer I'm still optimistic about the inserts. At work they are good and they have improved my tennis game by increasing the push from the front of my foot.
At this point my opinion of goodfeet is that it was a great product and a great idea for a franchise but it cannot be maintained in this economy. The people at the franchise were so nice greeting me but so dark when I had to come back for something .
Product may be worth the money though even though we paid for it twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks