What's new

Do men use pot pourri? If not, what else? (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Ken, that's hilarious.
laugh.gif
You've got me rolling on the floor. (That is to say...I'm sitting in my chair laughing while my chair rolls on the floor.) If I were to exploit my Scottish heritage I'd be kicked out of here. Or maybe I won't because I could get away with it since I'm Scottish and all! Hee hee!
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
To my knowledge my place doesnt stink :) But on occasion I get these scented pad thingies, they sell them at Home Depot, anyways you pin them onto your filter in the furnance and it slowly spreads a nice scent throughout the house. Stay away from the following scents:
"Middle Eastern Village Gift Pack"
"Hot-N-Humid Cajun Locker Room"
"I haven't seen my neighbor in 3 weeks and his mail is piling up"
"Nursing Home Variety Pack"
"Wife left me; I'm in the garage with the car running"
(It is ok to get the "Wife left me;I'm glad;AND she left the car" scent.)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
In BC we start Grow-ops, and if that doesn't work you might not end up living there long anyway.
------------------

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
quote: Now if I, being a heterosexual man, made a comment similar to the first one (i.e. "Pot pourri is gay.") I would have been flamed, warned, or even kicked out of the HTF. Even if I followed it by a :). So why do homosexual men get away with this?[/quote]
It's because people make assumptions. When a straight man says "This is gay", it's viewed as a derogatory remark or attack on homosexuals, and that man is assumed to be a homophobic jerk. If a gay man says the same thing, it's not an issue, because he's obviously not attacking himself. It's not right, but it's just how things are.
A good friend of mine is gay and constantly refers to himself and his friends as "fags". He thinks it's a hoot. He calls me a "breeder". Doesn't bother me, he's been my friend for years, but I'm sure others are uncomfortable with it.
This reminds me of a story that I can't help but tell:
My (white) neighbor (John) has been a friend of mine since the 1st grade. A couple of years ago, he was working at a golf course, and they hired a new (black) employee (Adrian). Adrian was constantly referring to John and some other white employees as honkeys, crackers, etc. Well, John is the type of guy who says what is on his mind and never makes apologies for it - he's quite blunt - and one day after being called a cracker he just spurted out, "Allright, ni**er."
The result? Adrian thought it was hilarious. They're good friends now and Adrian spends a lot of time hanging out with all of us. He still calls John a cracker and John still calls Adrian a ni**er and it doesn't bother either of them. (I avoid the word at all costs; case in point: I couldn't bring myself to post it without adding the *'s)
But it begs the question: Why is it OK for black people to sit around and call each other that, but it's not OK for a white person? John spent an evening partying with Adrian and a group of his friends - John was the only white person there - and every one of them were using the N word all night long. John let it slip once and one of Adrian's brothers pulled him out of his chair and was going to beat the hell out of him until Adrian talked him out of it. Another time, the two of them were in a bar, and another (white) patron overheard John use the word. The guy came over and got in John's face about it. Adrian explained that they were friends and it didn't bother him. The guy said "well it bothers me." So John apologized to him, but the guy wouldn't let up! About the time he said, "Well sorry isn't good enough!", John decked him, & when the bouncers threw them out John beat the hell out of the guy on the sidewalk.
If John had been black, the white guy wouldn't have said a thing to him. (and from what I hear about the guy's condition when John was through with him, he probably shouldn't have)
(edit: then again, they probably shouldn't be using the word in public like that...)
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
[Edited last by Ryan Wright on July 24, 2001 at 04:42 PM]

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I do try to keep the house as pleasant-smelling as possible, as girls don't really appreciate the natural bachelor pad smell! That being said, I maintain a strict regimen of Glade Plugins, occasionally a scented candle from Cracker Barrel (they have a LOT of scent), and right before female company arrives, I douse the place w/ Wizard air freshener. Not that I'm a filthy man, I just don't take any chances!
------------------

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Lysol and Old Spice are the only scents permitted in a proper bachelor dwelling...
What about BRUTE. WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH B R U T E.
That's supposed to simulate yelling. Did it work?
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Who gives a shit if it's not traditionally a "man" thing to use air fresheners or those burner things. They smell good and it beats the hell out of a woman coming over and instantly thinking "what a pig".
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
my place stinks.
I just deal with it.
the glade scent deals work OK but usually I find you end up with a worse combo of the stench plus whatever fruity flavor you picked out (currently I'm sporting rain fresh, shich stinks like lemons or something fruity.. nasty but I'm cheap and won't throw it away and replace it)
it's worse around here in the winter because it's so damn cold you never get fresh air in, and with hot water heat there's no air circulation. So the stench stays
frown.gif

mind you it gets better once I take the trash out HAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks