What's new

Do I need an amp? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Bobby Hamilton
Right now I run in my main theater room a Pioneer Elite VSX-23. Main speakers are Polk Monitor 60's and a CS20 center channel. Rear speakers are some old sony bookshelf, although I found a cheap set of Klipsch VS-14's I'll be getting soon.
I'm moving in about 3 weeks, so I'm setting up the new basement, running all the wiring in wall, etc. At this point, I'm trying to decide if I need a seperate amp, or if what is built in to the Elite is good enough.
I have a basic understanding, but I've never used one. I probably won't be upgrading speakers anytime soon either.
Thoughts?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The VSX-23 should be plenty powerful enough. Unless you're in an extremely large room there's no need to even consider moving to a dedicated amp, or offloading speakers with a combined amp.
You didn't mention a sub though. If you don't have one that would be a good addition, and would make you feel like you had a new amp.

Real Name
Bobby Hamilton
I'm sorry, yes I have a Def Tech sub. I didn't really think I needed and Amp, and the room isn't large, but this is just not a territory I'm as familiar with. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks