1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do good speakers mean good surround?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by PeterofCanada, Jun 1, 2011.

1. PeterofCanada

I have a home theater I have cobbled together over the years.

Now I have bought a good projector and want to make sure my audio is at least in the realm of good. I am just not sure that my stuff actually works well for Blueray and 5.1.

The speakers are Paradigms. I haver RTI8's for front speakers and Atom v.2 for rear speakers. My center speakers is a Sony CN200AV.

I have any of three receivers I could use. Sony STRDE605 or Harman/Kardon HK3380 or Pioneer VSXD514

any input/education appreciated

2. CB750

CB750 Screenwriter

Welcome Peter

It's not clear if you are looking for all new speakers of a quick fix of what you have. The major flaw of your existing inventory is your Sony center channel. It should be replaced with a Paradigm center channel that is timbre matched to for front speakers. This is important because in a 5.1 system the center channel handles most of the dialog and must coordinate with your front Left and Right.

I don't see a sub so you might consider adding one.

Your receivers appear to be quite dated and something new might give you better connection options.