What's new

Django Unchained (2012) (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed the first two acts of this movie and the first half of act 3. Unfortunately the second half of the third act just did not work. It almost feels as if Tarantino didn’t really know how end the movie so he tacked on a pretty predictable ending. Overall I liked the movie and there are many fine performances but it could have been so much better.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's no Inglourious Basterds, but this was certainly the most entertaining of the Best Picture nominees. The whole thing flew by for me which is surprising considering that at 2:45, it's the longest of the BPs.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was MUCH better than Basterds. I really enjoyed this film alot. I was thinking its prob Tarantinos best since Jackie Brown..... however, the last 20 minutes make no sense whatsoever and really bring the film down. I had a hard believing that they would let the character live after everything he'd done. It was really cliche to go with the "Stop.......We're going to let him live " giving him a chance to escape routine. Also the audience is put through the "high" of the gun fight and watching these characters get whats coming to them, only to be brought "down" with a long drawn out last 20 minutes, with Tarantino and his Australia accent inserted in, along with people talking, and talking, and talking.....
The film would have been more satisfying if it had ended 20 minutes earlier. Agree that Tarantinos attaches these drawn out finales that often diminish what came before it. And yea Don Johnson was great. Alot of people liked the Hood scene, but I thought he was even better in the Plantation introduction scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks