What's new

DIY Screen "Screen Goo" (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi I was looking around for screens and the prices are a lil bit more than I would like to pay, I found this DIY Screen and it is half the price, I would pay for a real screen.

Has anybody known or used this screen themselves, or could I just use some kind of paint to make the screnn on the wall it will be a 100" screen THNX:)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Gerald

I have used Goo in three theaters and it is great. It has a much better reflectivity that standard paint can't match. They also have a tool on the site that will help you select the best paint for your projector and enviroment. I highly recommend this product.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Doug

I just used the Tool calculator and the screen will only cost me $270 wow!!, now that is a more realistic price.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Will these goo guys send out samples for testing. $270 for paint seems extremely high. I use a custom mix gray from Lowes and I be interested in trying goo but not for a couple hundred bucks.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Ron

They have some local distributors, you can check on the site and see if one is near you. I am sure they have displays set up.

I tried a number of home brewed paints and they just didn't pop the way Goo does especially when it comes to HD.

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Gerald, go to a fabric store and buy some drapery backing, stretch it in a simple frame, buy a quart of Behr Silverscreen(flat), paint with a short nap roller, hang and off you go. $40-$50.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I tried that Silverscreen, and yes it does work fine, but I preferred my current Lowes Valspar Plank gray to it.

I'm going to order up the Goo and give it a try. Looks like it will only run me a bit over $100.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
I just spent the last 3 hours reading DIY screen posts and I have come to the conclusion that its 50% trial and error 10% science and 40% voodoo and I think I might be over estimating the amount of science. There is a conflicting argument to every post on avs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks