1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DIY Patio storage box with speakers

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Pathogen-, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Pathogen-

Pathogen- New Member

Well, I just built myself a nice deck/patio out back and I want to build a storage bench. I was thinking that I have a lot of speakers sitting around wasting away and I was wondering if I could put them to some use. My idea is to plop the speakers (intended for indoor use) inside the storage box and somehow seal them in there...with the only exposed part being the AUX cable to plug into my laptop or iPod or whatever. Would I need a receiver? If the box shelters the speakers from the rain, will they last a bit? Speakers I currently have sitting around: 2 pair of floor speakers with sub, mid, tweeters, these are already enlcosed. 1 pair is enclosed with mdf and the other with plastic and the back is mdf. 1 pair Infinity kappa 6x9's from an old car I had 1 Aiwa bookshelf 3cd changer unit that still has a pretty good output Any ideas? I'd really like to keep costs down and have no idea about crossovers and such