1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

District B13 Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jim Stegbauer, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Jim Stegbauer

Jim Stegbauer Active Member

2. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Well-Known Member

Damn, I ordered this directly through HD.net last week and it said 2-4 week delivery. I hope their website was wrong.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

Anyone watch this? I thought I saw a big plot hole, but I wasn't sure.

SPOILER ALERT:

OK, so the gov't sends a bomb into District B13. Then they send in supercop to make sure it's where it's supposed to be, and then enter a code to detonate it (which he thinks is to disarm it).

Huh? 1st: what was the countdown timer that the bad guys enabled? It obviously wasn't a timer to detonate it. So what was the countdown for? 2nd: It's in the future, and they didn't have GPS trackers so they could know that way where the bomb was? Why need supercop to go in there in the 1st place? 3rd: why have his own guys kill Taha? He was one of the better parts of the movie I thought.

I thought there was a good movie in there somewhere, but I was frustrated by those plot problems. Maybe that's why it never made it it over here. I expected more of Luc Besson.

4. Eric F

Eric F Well-Known Member

Way to resurrect a dead thread![​IMG]

Good movie. This is definitely a, "Check your brain at the door" one to be sure.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Martin Henry

Martin Henry Well-Known Member

Terrible disc, I'm hoping the forthcoming UK release improves on this title. HoH dubtitles and a woeful MPEG-2 encoding.