What's new

District 9 (1 Viewer)

thosegiants

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremy Myers
I'm looking for a digital code for the movie District 9. I literally just bought the movie thinking I'd be able to use the DC but of course it expired! Grrrr! Would anyone have a unused code that hasn't expired?
Thanks in advance for your help!:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hi Jeremy and David. As a HTF ambassador I want to welcome you both to the Home Theater Forum. Hope you,enjoy your stay.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm not sure, but I think all the codes for a given movie expire at the same time. They don't issue new codes.
I find the whole digital copy business to be nonsense (especially the concept of expiration dates), but that's just me. Anyway, welcome to HTF! You are now part of the cool crowd.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I couldn't agree more about digital copies being nonsense, Aaron. A DVD or Blu-ray already is a digital copy; the movie studios just go out of their way to make it difficult for their paying customers to rip it or transfer it to a different device. I sort of understand this inasmuch as piracy is a concern, but it takes some nerve to instead include a crippled, DRM-riddled "digital copy," complete with an expiration date, and advertise it as a feature, as if they're doing us a favor.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I redeemed my DISTRICT 9 digital copy when it was originally released, and awhile back it expired on me anyway. iTunes wouldn't let me open the file anymore. I called iTunes and they issued me a new code almost immediately - maybe give that a try.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
MattAlbie60 said:
I redeemed my DISTRICT 9 digital copy when it was originally released, and awhile back it expired on me anyway. iTunes wouldn't let me open the file anymore. I called iTunes and they issued me a new code almost immediately - maybe give that a try.
Whoa! Once you redeem the code and download the movie, it's supposed to be good forever, isn't it?

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
All of the other ones were. I don't know exactly what happened, and neither did the woman I spoke with. Believe me, I'd be the first to call shenanigans if I could, but I think it was just a weird quirk. One day I opened my "Movies" library in iTunes and the little "Exclamation Point" showed next to DISTRICT 9, and it wouldn't let me open it when I tried. It kept asking for my username and password, and then refused to play. The lady on the phone was like "Yep, that's weird. "

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks