What's new

Display Options For Odd-Sized BD Packaging (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm hoping members here are able to help me with choosing the best shelving/display options for several of my odd-shaped DVD and BD items, including:

The Lawrence of Arabia Limited Edition
Blade Runner briefcase
Gone With the Wind velvet box, etc.

Please post photos of your display(s) if possible. Part of the fun of collecting is showing your stuff off, both for yourself and for guests. Right now I've got my collectible items spread out over various racks and even in spots that are not ideal for viewing. I want to be able to put everything on one central (and sturdy) location. The units I've seen that come close to what I have in mind are those IKEA "Expedit" horizontal shelves on Amazon. Anyone know of something better?

BTW, does anyone know if those IKEA shelves are appropriate for storing music records?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I use old wooden milk crates stacked on their sides for records/LD. I've had to remake then from time to time with wood scrap from Home Depot/Menards/Lowe's.I use Ikea cases. Don't have a clue which one. Bought the same one, all they had, twice. That was 4 years ago though. 4 foot wide and 1 foot wide. Approximately 50(7 one foot). Hold books, DVD, BD or whatever else.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We have some of those IKEA Expedit shelves in our kids playroom. I didn't have any albums handy, but a LD fits just fine. The nice thing with the shelves is you can place them horizontally or vertically.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks