What's new

display issue with TV connected to HTPC (1 Viewer)

Matt26

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
i have an older Celeron D 2.53 GHz PC that i'm using as a HTPC connected to an old 27" Citizen CRT TV via an S-video cable (using an ATI Radeon 9000 series video card).

the S-video connection to the TV works, but both the left and right sides of the picture are slightly curved inwards, so they are not straight.

i'm wondering if this is an issue with the TV, or possibly the video card i'm using... i'm thinking it's the TV but i'm not sure.

the other issue i'm having is that i can't change the resolution of the picture to anything comfortably readable... it's set to 800x600 (lowest setting) on the PC right now, which makes the desktop barely readable.

is there any other way i might be able to change the resolution of the picture so that it is clearer on-screen? im guessing this is also a limitation partly of the TV, but also of the video card.

thanks for any help on this.

Matt26

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
one other thing i noticed recently with this issue- the picture on the TV is fine while the PC is booting up- straight edges on all sides of the picture.. as soon as the desktop appears after the OS splash screen (i'm using windows xp) the left and right sides of the picture on the TV are curved inwards.

so how is it that the picture on the TV is fine right up until the desktop appears?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks