What's new

Disney's upcoming animated film Big Hero 6 - Trailer 1 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And now, as we turn the page, metaphorically--and literally--in this thread...let's return our focus back to Big Hero 6.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Ejanss said:
Lord, let it not be the way they reacted to Incredibles and Cars 1, when they "failed to reach the numbers" of Finding Nemo.

(Whose wild, frenzied neurotic-grownup-audience mania at the time, like Frozen's, wasn't 100% based on the movie itself, and therefore not necessarily a reliable bar to judge future performance by.)
I thought it would be more along the lines of "Pocahontas" not reaching numbers of "The Lion King" before it. On another board, some people jokingly referred to it as "Pocahontas Syndrome". ;) I guess the executives cannot accept the fact that "what goes up, must come down".

With "Big Hero 6", I don't see it coming close to pulling in Frozen-like numbers. Especially since it has some serious competition going against it, and honestly, the trailer does not look as promising as some of its competition. I'd say, more like "How to Train Your Dragon 2" numbers, as the market has been over-saturated with animated movies.

But I plan to see it when it comes out in theaters.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Pocahontas was a lightning magnet for criticism because of the historical inaccuracies (and the fallout from Disney's America was still fresh in people's minds), not just because it was the first after The Lion King. This is a fictional story, so that won't be an issue.

I should have known it was a matter of time before I saw a Marvel movie come out of WDAS, and so far it looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks