What's new

Disney's ongoing Political Correctness (1 Viewer)

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Why the hell was 20,000 Leagues un-pc?? What the hell is so un-pc about a submarine?????
------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I am a member of PETA..People Eating Tasty Animals!
Pass the steak sauce please!
I am also fed up with the bleaching of stuff. And as much as I LOVE Disney product...I find these "revisions" unneccesary and annoying.
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Adrian, isn't it obvious? Submarines are very phallic.
laugh.gif

[Edited last by Ben Motley on September 05, 2001 at 07:14 AM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
If I wanted to read conservative, right-wing nonsense I would head over to Rush Limbaugh's site.
Man, I can't help myself: If you don't want to read this, then don't. For the life of me I cannot understand why people get upset and complain over certain threads. Just hit the 'back' button and get on with life. Nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want to. (Or maybe it's better to simply censor everything you don't like, that way you'll never have to feel uncomfortable over dissenting opinions...
rolleyes.gif
)
Back to the topic at hand: Something is wrong with the world when major companies (and/or government) begin to cater to small groups. Disney is insane. You just have to realize that people are going to complain no matter what you do. PETA is generally regarded as a bunch of crazy extremists, and almost nobody takes them seriously. What Disney doesn't realize is by catering to these small interest groups, they're alienating their core consumers.
My biggest problem with Disney is that much of the content is simply not appropriate for children. I sat down and watched a few Disney movies with my 4 year old daughter a while back, and I cringed a number of times over the sexual innuendos and other items that shouldn't be in a children's movie. You know something is wrong when my wife and I look at each other and chuckle, and our daughter is saying, "Daddy, what's so funny?" If the movies weren't directly targeted at children, I wouldn't have a problem with them. Before you ask, I'm not suggesting they change them. Only that they market them towards a slightly more mature audience. If my daughter was 10, for instance, I doubt the content would bother me as much. At 4, I won't let her watch this stuff. We stick with Sesame Street and VeggieTales videos...
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Seven years ago, Disney World destroyed their integrity forever by replacing the traditional narrative of it's Hall Of Presidents with a PC narrative commissioned by a radical historian. The Lincoln speech, an appeal to American unity, was jettisoned because the one radical historian said it was racist and McCarthyistic. So instead of a real Lincoln speech we were then given a Clinton speech which Disney hacks wrote for Clinton to prerecord.
Huh? What exactly are you talking about? I was just @ the Hall of Presidents in June. There's no Clinton "speech". There's a narrative read by Maya Angelou. Lincoln's speech is still about American unity. That's what Lincoln wanted. Whether or not he was personally against slavery, his main political agenda was to keep the country together, not ending or keeping slavery. His speech in the HoP doesn't touch on this, of course, but it's not something from a "radical historian." And the narrative isn't overly PC. If anything, it was vanilla and boring.
If you have facts to the otherwise, I'd like to hear them. Don't just spout off rhetoric.

JeremyJones

Agent
Well, Rachel, not only am I in the Cruelty is wRong Against Plants (CRAP) but I'm also in the National Association Against Old People. Think about how many old people there are. They just sit around and get our tax dollars. They can't drive safely, complain about everything, and aren't very nice to look at. I say we start a new campaign to eat all the old people. Then, we could feed the starving nations of the world and rid ourselves of this plague! Say it with me now, "We got to eat all the old people, come on, we got to eat all the old people!"
biggrin.gif

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I think we just should eat Rush Limbaugh. There'll be plenty to go around too! Everybody who wants will get seconds. There's more meat on his bones than a big fat pig! Best wishes!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks