1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Treasures "imports"?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Roy Batty, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Second Unit

I'm one of the many in desperate hunt of a reasonably priced copy of the WALT DISNEY TREASURES: MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR DVD set and, in my usual searches through Amazon market sellers and eBay, I've often been puzzled by warnings about a given copy being the R1 real deal, and not an import.

And now, adding to my confusion, I've found a description of a copy on sale at eBay stating "Artwork in English and chinese."

So my question is: is there any edition of the DISNEY TREASURES other than the R1 USA/Canada editions? Because I own several titles of the line bought from Amazon, and none of them sport chinese artwork.

Does this mean there's a Chinese edition? And, if so, it is legit or fake?

I would not want ending up with a bootleg copy.

[​IMG]

P.s. Sorry if this has been dealt with previously, but I have not been able to find any mention of it on other DISNEY TREASURES open threads.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Bootlegs

Anything they call "import" or "Asian version" is going to be a boot

3. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Screenwriter

Bootlegs all the way.

Define "reasonably priced". I have a sealed Mickey Mouse in Living Color with a dent (not bad) in the tin that I'm willing to sell, plus shipping to Spain.

4. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Second Unit

5. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

That dent is extremely minor. Plus most of it will push out from the inside once you open it.

6. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Second Unit

Anyway, that particular copy is out of reach for me, since it's not exactly on eBay but eBay's Half.com, and they do not ship overseas.