What's new

Disney Treasues Wave 3 - Due 12/2/03 (1 Viewer)

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Thanks Patrick for the info on the new Disney Treasures and thanks Matthew for the preorder info. I preordered all four today from Amazon with free shipping.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
This is the first time I will be getting all of the sets in a wave. These are half the reason DVD is the greatest invention ever.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Damn, you Patrick!! Damn you all to hell!! :D

That is some awesome artwork on the Front Lines set. This is a definite buy!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
The Donald and Mickey sets are all animated. I'm not sure about the Wartime set. I know that most of it will be animated. Did Disney produce any live-action films for the military. I know that they had already done THE RELUCTANT DRAGON by this time, so they had the facilities to produce live-action. The Tommorowland set is comprised of episodes from Disney's television show.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Song of the South will be in a wave very very soon. I heard yesterday on the financial report that Roy Disney is selling 40% of his interest in the company, but that he's keeping voting control for five years. He seems to be the only executive internally that's interested in issuing this film (and others) unexpurgated, so that means we now have a five-year clock ticking to get these films released properly..... :frowning: It certainly doesn't help that restorationist Scott MacQueen who did the work on SOTS has also left Disney.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Oh wow, Front Lines may very well be the best Treasures set yet! Man that's some gorgeous cover/tin art. Now I'm just curious how many will be issued in this wave, 125k, 150k or more?

I would prefer the Donald on the disk art for the cover over the happy donald currently on there, but that is the most minor quibble imaginable.

Here's to hoping David Boulet gets us reviews of all four sets early! Hopefully with screen shots.

December can't get here soon enough!

Adam

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Anyone know the chances of them re-issuing the earlier releases? I really want the Goofy set and the two other Mickey sets. I don't want to pay the high prices that are on eBay though.

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have a clue as to what Amazon Canada mean by the following:
===========================
Greetings from Amazon.ca!

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has
been cancelled:

"Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Vol. 2 [IMPORT]"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since
found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest
apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

===========================

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Description of Mickey Mouse In Living Color, Volume 2 from DisneyOnline
The celebration of Mickey's color capers continues in this second volume of shorts -- from "Society Dog Show" in 1939 to his last short, "The Simple Things" in 1953 -- and feature film appearances, giving you a decidedly colorful history of the most famous mouse in the world. This outstanding review of Mickey's color career spotlights some very special features, including his groundbreaking performance in "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." You'll also get an inside look at Mickey's recent career through the eyes of his most recent animators, Mark Henn and Andreas Deja, and voice actors Wayne Allwine (Mickey) and Russi Taylor (Minnie). Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.
So it includes film appearances in films that are already available - like The Sorcerer's Apprentice and (presumably) Mickey And The Beanstalk. Surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks